Sign in to follow this  
cthiggin2

No VS speed readout on take-off

Hello folks,

KNOW I'm missing something here. In the FMC set-up, I have VS call-outs enabled. However, on the PFD, left side, say NO VS.

What am I missing. All the other voice callouts work fine.

Thanks so much and have a blessed one.

Tom

What am I missing

You need to program the FMS. May I suggest reading and doing the tutorials?

Complete these steps (basic steps):

1. Align the IRS. On the overhead panel, select the IRS knobs to NAV.
  2. On the CDU, press MENU, then FMC, then select POS INIT). Go to page 2/4 and select one of the GPS locations. Go back to page 1/4 and insert this on the SET IRS POS line.
  3. The select ROUTE. Enter your route via a company route or manually inserting the route yourself. Press the EXEC button.
  4. Press the INIT REF button. Enter the ZFW (double-click to enter the data), RESERVES (how much reserve fuel you need), the cost index, and your cruise altitude. Press the EXEC button.
  5. Select N1 LIMIT. Enter an assumed temperature or de-rate if desired.
  6. Select TAKEOFF. Go to page 2/2 and enter the runway wind, runway slope, and runway condition. Select or verify the ACCEL HT, REDUCTION, and EO ACCEL HT if desired.
  7. Go back to page 1/1.Enter the FLAPS setting and the CG (double-click to enter the number). The FMS computed V-speeds will show up next to the lines at LSKs 1R, 2R, and 3R. You can enter these by pressing those keys.

In the FMC set-up, I have VS call-outs enabled. However, on the PFD, left side, say NO VS.

Those are just V-speed callouts.They will only play if you have the FMS set up correctly.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

PHXMD-11,

Thanks so much..makes perfect sense.

I "thought" since you had call-outs, when not using a FMC based plan that the VS speed call-outs would work also.

I'm just starting to get into the basics of programming the FMC.

Have a blessed day,

Tom

PHXMD-11,

Thanks so much..makes perfect sense.

I "thought" since you had call-outs, when not using a FMC based plan that the VS speed call-outs would work also.

I'm just starting to get into the basics of programming the FMC.

Have a blessed day,

Tom

you can also set the V-speeds manually without FMC with the Speed Reference Selector (SPD-REF knob), check FCOM (10.16) Flight Instruments, Displays chapter, EFIS Instruments (PFD) - Controls sub-chapter for system description and FCOM (SP.10) Supplementary Procedures chapter, Flight Instruments, Displays sub-chapter for normal operation. Page title is Setting Airspeed Bugs with No Operative FMC (Manual Airspeed bug setting). i cannot say page cause the FCOM i have (BBJ) differs slightly from the NGX FCOM.

ctdesing,

Thanks so very much. I'll use this until I get up to speed on the proper procedures of the FMC.

Have a blessed day.

Tom

Just a small suggestion: VS and V/S often refer to vertical speed. Using the term takeoff speeds or V speeds is less ambiguous.

zowen11,

Learn something new every day with the nomenclature of the 737Ngx.

Thanks so much for enlightening me.

Have a blessed day.

Tom

ctdesing,

I've tried finding the pages you noted in the "Introduction Manual". For the life of me, I cannot find those areas. Did a .pdf search also.

Do you have the actual page numbers 1 - 132?

Thanks so much,

Tom

Not the Introduction Manual. I believe it's the FCOMv2 Manual, page 10.16.7 which should be page 617 of 1240.

Dugald Walker

The references i gave you are from the 737 Flight Crew Operations Manual (FCOM), i think it says NGX FCOM, not from the Introduction Manual. As the FCOM i have is not the same as the PMDG one, i cannot give you a page. I'm not at work right know so i can't write here what it says, but if you still cannot find it, tomorrow i will write what it says when i arrive at my workplace.

Just a note , I have a bug where after multiple flights, vspeeds stop working. This usually happens after 4 consecutive flights. I need to reload the aircraft and its fine again. Strange one.

-Iain Watson-

ctdesing,

Is the FCOM manual available as a download?

Thanks so much,

Tom

ctdesing,

Is the FCOM manual available as a download?

Thanks so much,

Tom

It's installed along with your aircraft. In Windows, click Start > Programs > PMDG Simulations > PMDG 737NGX. You'll find all NGX-related documentation there. The FCOMs (Flight Crew Operations Manuals) are simply titled "Operating Manual" (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) in the menu.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Just a note, I fixed my problem, I left the speed ref dial on Greg, if you don't turn it back to auto, the vspeeds don't she up on the next trip, I was losing the rag over this!

-Iain Watson-

Found the manual - will start reading this evening.

Thanks so much for your patience and help...ctdesing...and all.

Tom