Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

United 737-800 KEWR to KMIA

Hello folks, it's been a while since my last visual diary of my simulated United NGX flights, but I have compiled some shots from a flight from Newark KEWR to Miami KMIA last month. I operated as United 1268, a real life flight of course, using the same date (November 17, 2012), weather, Route/SID/STAR, and gate departure time as RL. Real life flight time duration was 2 hours 36 minutes, which I matched perfectly! I pushed back at 1:48pm, and arrived at KMIA at 4:43pm. SID was EWR1 from runway 4L, and STAR was ANNEY2 with an arrival to runway 12. Weather was mostly clear throughout the flight, and nice and warm as expected on this November day in Miami.

2012-11-24_0-5-17-670_zps67eba53f.jpg

Here I am at gate C127, boarding passengers.

2012-11-24_1-2-28-518_zps434de887.jpg

During taxi to the active runway, I see many international carriers getting ready for their late afternoon departures to Europe and elsewhere.

2012-11-24_1-10-18-15_zps39d626ba.jpg

Holding at the runway entry point for runway 04L, we see an arrival by a United 777 on runway 04R. I can't wait for the PMDG 777!

2012-11-24_1-15-16-237_zps1d8d8ac5.jpg

Climbout is underway, I turn left to intercept the southbound J75 route towards Miami.

2012-11-24_1-31-55-925_zpsbd936aa3.jpg

Still in the climb to 36,000 ft, I admire the view of my hometown, Philadelphia!

2012-11-24_1-35-26-727_zpsa1ad12bd.jpg

I have reached cruise altitude, with the regional airport serving Wilmington, Delaware below, KILG.

2012-11-24_1-45-26-365_zps06bbe874.jpg

Below me is Washington D.C.

2012-12-9_21-48-8-951_zpsec8f78fd.jpg

Somewhere over the coast of Northeast Florida

2012-12-9_22-6-28-437_zpsc710f0e7.jpg

Getting ready for TOD

2012-12-9_22-18-40-124_zps1485dc69.jpg

Established on the downwind, vectors 270 to intercept the FAF for runway 12. To my immediate left is Opa Locka Airport. Has anyone else noticed most airports in KMIA's vicinity has the same runway layout? They must share the same designer!

2012-12-9_22-25-59-613_zpse2db83ba.jpg

On finals for runway 12

2012-12-9_22-27-1-988_zps32713b2e.jpg

Rollout complete, getting ready to make the nearest turnoff.

2012-12-9_22-27-36-869_zps74565f3e.jpg

I love seeing unique visitors, it was a 787 my last flight from KBOS to KEWR, here we have a Lufthansa A380. These kinds of sights make my trips so enjoyable!

2012-12-9_22-33-21-898_zps6f24d596.jpg

I slowly turn into Gate G19, trying to follow the marshaller's instructions. Special thanks to FSdreamteam for GSX, their marshallers are very lifelike.

2012-12-9_22-34-14-146_zps8be1207f.jpg

Shutdown!

2012-12-9_22-41-50-327_zps10710250.jpg

Time for passenger disembarkment.

2012-12-9_22-42-33-476_zps103919bc.jpg

Love the Miami skyline.

I just suffered a catastrophic virus attack on my computer early December, and had to carefully rebuild the OS and FSX drives from scratch, which has resulted in a long absence from FSX. Thankfully, I am back in action, and I have learned an important lesson about file backups and proper virus protection. I imagine flying one more United themed flight, and then may move on to Alaska Airlines operations for a nice change of scenery. I hope to get as much NGX time as possible, since it looks like the PMDG 777 will debut sometime this year, and I imagine that addon will replace the NGX in my virtual fleet as the NGX has replaced my other addon tubeliners before it.

As always, I thank you for your views.

Very nice! Are you using an add-on for airport services? Also, what airport scenery is that and are your traffic settings maxed out or are the planes at the gates static? Thanks, great pics!

Great questions. I use GSX from FSDreamteam for the services, and the airports are Imaginesim KEWR and LatinVFR KMIA. Aircraft traffic is provided by Ultimate Traffic 2, and most of my settings are maxed out, but I do have to reduce sliders temporarily at some dense locations. KEWR is in a notoriously frame heavy area, so I almost had to reduce my sliders by half, but once I exited the New York area I returned to full settings.

Great, thanks. I should receive my new rig in a week so I can get higher slider settings. :yahoo: i7-3770 3.4 GHz 16GB RAM GTX 660. My current rig crawls at 6 fps at times or CTD. (i7 920 2.6 GHz 6 GB RAM GTX 460) I plan on getting the PMDG 737 NGX as well. The migration to the new computer will suck, though. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :biggrin:

Hooters Air still alive in your AI I see! Nice set! :clapping:

Good eyes! Yeah, that is what appears to be a former Hooters Air 737 operating for Sky King Airlines, a charter operation.

Nice pics!

I like the unique aircraft (in this the A380 in MIA)

I don't remember Terminal C looking like that but I'd love a EWR for FSX.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Well done. Excellent visuals accompanied by a very good story line.

Can't beat that combo :)

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Good eyes! Yeah, that is what appears to be a former Hooters Air 737 operating for Sky King Airlines, a charter operation.

Didn't skyking go under too?

Are they out of business? Their website is active, and the Wikipedia entry is confusing. Various mentions that they filed for bankruptcy last year, but it's Chapter 11, so they may be reorganizing. Yet they returned aircraft to their owners.....I don't know if I should remove the AI or not.

Nice pics!

I like the unique aircraft (in this the A380 in MIA)

I don't remember Terminal C looking like that but I'd love a EWR for FSX.

That's Imaginesim's FS9 EWR that I added to FSX. Like most FS9 airports, you just need to open the AFCAD and make some small edits, such as adding an exclusion zone to suppress the default FSX buildings. I have no idea what the current KEWR looks like, but I will say that the scenery is woefully inadequate compared to current FSX standards, but still beats the FSX default. I also updated the AFCAD to try to get the gate assignments to match real world conditions, and according to the map services like Google Maps, it appears most United international flights operate at that branch of Term C, with a mixture of United mainline and Colgan Air/Commutair United Express traffic served next door at branch to the left.

Man, performance in that area is horrendous in FSX (was also bad in FS9 IIRC). I really wish some enterprising person could create an addon project to replace the frame heavy autogen like the cranes and skyscrapers with more optimized models. That would help performance in that region a lot, and I would fly in that area more frequently. That is maybe the 3rd time I have ever been at KEWR in Flightsim in the past 5 years!

I sure hope that someone decides to do a fsx ewr! I think I'm out of luck on that however.

I know exactly what you mean by the performance. I do my tweak tests starting at runway 11. All the complaints about SEA make me wonder which performance area is worse.

Anyway, nice pics and narrative and ill be looking out for more!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma