Sign in to follow this  
flying_bob

JS41 - SP2 request details

How many of the issues in the original post are likely to affect a relatively casual user, I wonder?

Good question that is. Well, if you get the graphical errors when using the visible icing, you may have to turn that detail off. Or use the workarounds mentioned here. Maybe they help. Nice input actually. Then there's a missing hold feature (inop button) which may only affect you if you want to use the FMC for the holdings. If you would receive a rare CTD with the FMC, you currently have to contact PMDG as they don't give out the 'service pack' files like on the other planes, but only on demand.

As for the list, I agree that most issues mentioned may not affect many users.

On the ways of sitting out a demand for a SP approx 3 years to then state 'the aircraft is over four years old now, sorry, cycle has ended'. Well. :mellow: However, as flibinite says, she's a great plane and offers a lot of detail. I'd buy her again and I think you don't do wrong with doing so. :smile:

Thanks, folks.

Almost tempted solely by the Eastern Airways livery since I've flown on it a few times (the most interesting of which was from Bergen to Aberdeen, literally only two passengers onboard!).

On the ways of sitting out a demand for a SP approx 3 years to then state 'the aircraft is over four years old now, sorry, cycle has ended'. Well. :mellow:

I noticed that too. :lol: It does say something about this airplane that people are still looking for a service pack after 3 years. Also, says something about the demand for aircraft similar, I think.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Good points, Gregg. I'm about to test some freeware prop-liner (Dash 7) soon. I think I could also live with some more payware options on getting two or more props to run and fly small routes to even smaller airports. We could well need more of those. Agreed! :smile:

Spacedyemeerkat, you won't do wrong with getting her. I may also add that getting FS2Crew is a tip. The voice controlled copilot really helps and adds to the excitement.

Let's worry about the j41 sp when we get the 1900 sp :P

I agree we should enjoy it for what it is, and it's a fantastic aircraft. I wouldn't trade performance for most of what's on that list anyway. As long as you can do the checklist items, fly charted approaches and master how it flies within the FSX engine (ultimate realism can't be achieved), then what more do you need?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Spacedyemeerkat, you won't do wrong with getting her. I may also add that getting FS2Crew is a tip. The voice controlled copilot really helps and adds to the excitement.

+1

try her, she is a beaut and lovely to fly.