Sign in to follow this  
Vicpdx17

Best route planner with download?

Fantastic I can't wait. Thanks again mate.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Oh ok Thanks for the help guys! I actually now have the trial of EFB by aivlasoft and need help. I actually selected the airports to and from but when I put it in the FMC it wont show a blue dotted route?. Why is that? and is there a software you would reccommend I can just put into the FMC and it shows the route?

Victor S.

I'm not sure what you're describing there. However in the EFB after you have made your route, when you save it, there is an option to save as a PMDG RTE Use that option and then use your FMC to look up CO ROUTES and it should be there. Minus the SIDs and STARs.

Add your SIDs and STARs using the DEP ARR button, check for discontinuities and off you go.

Hope that helps

Pretty much what im trying to say is, When I used FSbuild 2.3 never got it to update to 2.4 I had routes that imported all the route info into the fmc and a blue dotted line would show up that I would follow. Now since for me getting Lnav to engage is pretty impossiabl,e I find it useful for myself to follow the Blue dotted line and during fight changing the heading as I go. The true objective I was looking for was a program to make a .rte file that when put into the FMC would be ready to fly and I would not have to manually insert the flight plan.

Right now i have tried manually and it has some route discontinuation.

Victor S.

Victor, I think I don't understand :) Why engaging LNAV is impossible? Do you have some bug that prevents you from doing it or you simply don't know how to do it? If you're unsure, then you should complete basic tutorial (and later advanced) and everything will be clear. Alternatively, there's YouTube which is full of NGX FMC (and not only) tutorials. Discontinuities are normal and you should learn how to connect them, it's very, very, very... simple and common :) You should never fallow dotted line, your AP should fallow solid one! AivlaSoft EFB (or IF , and other apps too) will make this process easier, but it will not do your job as captain of jetliner.

Express tutorial to AivlaSoft EFB:

Start EFB, go to "Route Setup" tab, than "Select" tab and click "Route Finder", a new window will appear. In "departure" enter your departure airport, let's say EPKT and in "destination" let's say EPGD.

Untitled1_xsxwrhq.jpg

You can leave other windows clear/unmodified, just make sure that "Database" is set to (AIRAC) cycle that you have currently installed with your NGX (you should always have latest, now it's 1301). Press "Find route" and it will generate realistic route, that uses real world, most current waypoints.

Untitled2_xsxwrrh.jpg

Press big "OK" button. You have your route imported into EFB but now it needs "Cruise Altitude", enter anything you desire, let's say 300 (EFB will automatically interpret it as FL300), you're ready to press "Save", so do it. Save window will popup allowing you to choose addon to export your flight plan to. Check PMDG RTE and enter correct path to your NGX directory in FSX folder, mine generally looks like this: "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX", but in case of pic below, it shows networked path to this location, your path will differ.

Untitled3_xsxwrxh.jpg

Hit OK, and now next time you run NGX, this flight plan will be waiting for you under "Co route" lsk in NGX's FMC. This flight plan is almost ready, all you need to do is select runway for takeoff in DEP tab (FMC) and bon voyage ;) After saving your FPL in EFB, don't forget to hit "Activate" button, to activate it's Electronic Flight Bag capabilities, especially if you have spare laptop. Later, when you will become more familiarized, you can add SID and STAR, etc.

NGX is most realistic addon for FSX ever so far, so it deserves to be flown in most realistic way possible.

Best regards,

Edited by Sawydz

Pretty much what im trying to say is, When I used FSbuild 2.3 never got it to update to 2.4 I had routes that imported all the route info into the fmc and a blue dotted line would show up that I would follow. Now since for me getting Lnav to engage is pretty impossiabl,e I find it useful for myself to follow the Blue dotted line and during fight changing the heading as I go. The true objective I was looking for was a program to make a .rte file that when put into the FMC would be ready to fly and I would not have to manually insert the flight plan.

Victor S.

Uninstall FSBuild 2.3

Install FSBuild 2.4

Use it!

It is soo good. Lots of routes you can't find a download file for them - or the route is based on out of date navdata, FSBuild can then generate one for you.

Plus the fuel planning and everything else. Don't give up man, keep at it and ask questions. There are some video tutorials too, heaps of info available.

You should be able to engage LNAV after importing plan, and activating plan. You also need to complete the rest of FMC setup or else you can't use the autopilot properly. The tutorial is good on this.

...i'm not typing this in! :lol:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com