Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capt Pugwash

"Lite Version"

It's a shame because it is a really nice airplane. Obviously it's because G1000 but I also have Kodiak with G1000 and I have no performance issues there. On my machine Carenado SR22 actually performs similar to F1 Cessna Mustang.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes me too. I fly in a real SR22 GTSx almost every weekend (not mine alas!), and so had real interest in this, but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.

It's a shame because their "steam gauge" aircraft are well known for looking great *and* being very frame rate friendly. This was true at least up until the C337 which is only a few FPS slower than the ancient Arrow IV on my system.

I would think there's a lot of headroom in the G1000 code for Carenado to optimize as they learn more about glass cockpits in FSX/P3D. For example, with the T182T, I found that turning off the G1000 actually improves framerates in the exterior view by about 5 FPS on my system, so it's eating a lot of resources even when it's not even being displayed.

Like you, I uninstalled the T182T and won't be bying the SR22 because of these frame rate problems. I'll re-visit the planes when I upgrade to a new Intel chip this summer, but even then, I think FPS will be a problem with these planes.

For now, I'm flying the beautiful Mooney Acclaim that comes with P3D. The exterior modelling isn't quite as nice as the Carenado, but the glass cockpit is functional, looks great and carries almost no FPS penalty.

Hi Guys,

Ditto on the "Lite" version too!

I do not get a frame rate hit as such but i do get my Orbx (that is all i fly) scenery going blury and staying that way until i pause the game and let it "catch up". I get this issue with Carenado's latest releases. The CT182, SR22 and King Air 220. I have done a lot of testing and these three aircraft are the only Carenado aircarft that cause this with my situation.

I love Carenado products. However, with the utmost regret, I will have to inform them (if they read this stuff???) that I will NOT purchase nor continue to endourse or engage in their products anymore if they do not seriousy look into these issues. What is a gross misconduct of consumer awareness is that they are not informing the pending customer (a lot being current ones), the lack of information that how their new products may effect said product and syetems with majority of consumer oppearating systems. Or maybe they can offer a "tweek" to better enhance their product within ones opperating system

Do not get me wrong..... I am up for new technology but a company must cater for the majority that have not caught up with their new technology. Hence the "Lite" version or a non "HD" version with every package would surfice until consumers can catch up to and be able to appriciate the "HD" versions?

If i am out of line please let me know and you will never here from again and my ties with Careando will cease to exsist.

Cheers.

Tim...

Hi Tim,

I'm certainly up for slandering or even criticizing developers on a public forum (I'm far too new to this hobby for that), but I can say in actual fact that I dropped Carenado (I've been spelling their name wrong on other threads lol!) an email about the dreadful SR22 performance, and I received the following exact reply ;-

"Close the MFD and if necessary the PFD in the VC during flight, to improve the performance".

make what you want of that, but it did not give me confidence that these guys are taking this issue seriously, and I am not expecting anything to change with the product - of course I hope I'm wrong on that!

Closing flying displays on a high end G1000 aircraft - while flying it - is a ludicrous suggestion in my view.

but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.

Same here, I was excited to install it and was very quickly disappointed. Performance is awful and also it had numerous graphical glitches on my system, e.g White dots all over windows and a very very dark cockpit. I've loved almost all of Carenado's planes so far, but this is by far the worst for me. Hopefully they'll get a service pack out soon

On a side note, I really wish Carenado would improve the avionics in these planes. Beautiful models really let down by the rubbish avionics

Same here, I was excited to install it and was very quickly disappointed. Performance is awful and also it had numerous graphical glitches on my system, e.g White dots all over windows and a very very dark cockpit. I've loved almost all of Carenado's planes so far, but this is by far the worst for me. Hopefully they'll get a service pack out soon

On a side note, I really wish Carenado would improve the avionics in these planes. Beautiful models really let down by the rubbish avionics

You're absolutely right! The autothrottle in it (when using IAS mode) is unbelievable, are they serious? After an intense comparison with Flight 1's G1000 (in their C182T & Mustang), I have to say that Carenado's G1000 has the bigger impact on the fps, even though its features are pretty basic. As much as I love their planes, and most are a joy to handfly, they urgently need to improve their quality!

You're absolutely right! The autothrottle in it (when using IAS mode) is unbelievable, are they serious?

Ah.... is this where you engage IAS mode on the GFC700 and the throttle then becomes 'fixed' (cannot be adjusted).... I wondered why that happened! ..... so if I understand correctly, this model is using an autothrottle to control speed on the "IAS" mode, instead of just adjusting aircraft pitch as the real airplane does, right?

That does seem really bizarre...... an autothrottle in a single piston aircraft! .... I wonder why they did that.

I have no previous experience with this developer, but I have to say it is my first disappointing purchase in the hobby - made worse by the one line email telling me to just switch off all displays in flight, to improve performance....

Glass is not nice to fps. Got 182t of theirs and want to get other plane, but won't till lite version is made.

So, I wrote to Carenado support about very poor performance with G1000 turned on but completely normal performance with it off. They answered that clouds and traffic usually require a lot of resources from FSX, so it is recommended to lower the cloud and traffic settings if I'm experiencing performance issues. I also told them that I have no problems running PMDG NGX.

My first tought was "Are they mocking me?".

Are they mocking me?

Sounds like they are just trying to tell you to go away and fob you off with some silly excuse. I agree with you, this plane's performance is poor on my system, it should perform better than the NGX, and it doesn't. It really could do with a lighter version. The Flight1 C182 and Mustang (both have glass cockpits) perform really well on my system with all the avionics switched on, and they also work far better. Carenado need to take a step back and evaluate their latest offerings. This is the first product I've purchased from them where I want a refund.

Sounds like they are just trying to tell you to go away and fob you off with some silly excuse. I agree with you, this plane's performance is poor on my system, it should perform better than the NGX, and it doesn't. It really could do with a lighter version. The Flight1 C182 and Mustang (both have glass cockpits) perform really well on my system with all the avionics switched on, and they also work far better. Carenado need to take a step back and evaluate their latest offerings. This is the first product I've purchased from them where I want a refund.

Yep, even the Mustang performs a little better. I'd take a refund if I could.

Purchased the SR22 GTSX as I have always had good luck with Carenado addons. However, the SR22 is not "ready for prime time", in my opinion. When selecting thsi aircraft the initial FPS are 30-40 FPS. As one progress with this addon, the FPS slowly get worse. At about 5-7 minutes into the flight, FPS falls to .8 FPS! At this point, I can switch aircraft, for example tto Carenado's Cessna 185, and the FPS jump up to 30+. Whlie flying for awhile in the 185, I can switch back to the SR22 and FPS immediatly drop to .8.

It is a shame that this addon is unworkable. Carenado did a great job on the asthetics.

The only time I get poor fps is when the terrain is enabled.

Disable terrain and it works fine.  In fact I fly the F1 Mustang without the terrain enabled for better readability.

Just installed the latest performance update (released this week of August) relating to the G1000 and tried her in FTXG Germany and then Orbx Diamond Point and she is certainly lighter on the frames...well done Carenado for following through with this...