Sign in to follow this  
Kristinn605

Repainting the B-200

Hello,

I was wondering, are people using some program to help them repaint the Carenado B-200 King Air?

I've taken a look at the files, and they are all segmented, so aligning the paintjob would be a nightmare without some sort of program.

I have a specific airplane in mind that i want to recreate within FSX, it's a King Air owned by the Icelandic CAA and used for calibration flights. TF-FMS. I've attached a photo.

Carenado doesn't give you a normal paint kit. They only give you a blank texture in the "Texture" folder. It's up to you if you have the skills to open the files in your paint program and create the layers you want. I've painted two of their liveries this way, but I'm not big on trying to bust my &@($* when there are so many other payware that provide you the layers you need.

I know they are only blank textures. I posted the picture in order to illustrate that without some way of combining the textures into one workable file, making the whole thing come out right is next to impossible. That's essentially what i'm asking about.

Hello,

I was wondering, are people using some program to help them repaint the Carenado B-200 King Air?

I've taken a look at the files, and they are all segmented, so aligning the paintjob would be a nightmare without some sort of program.

I have a specific airplane in mind that i want to recreate within FSX, it's a King Air owned by the Icelandic CAA and used for calibration flights. TF-FMS. I've attached a photo.

Hope someone can do this. I really like this livery!

I know they are only blank textures. I posted the picture in order to illustrate that without some way of combining the textures into one workable file, making the whole thing come out right is next to impossible. That's essentially what i'm asking about.

it's not (next to) impossible, it is just an unpleasant job. Look at my paints and see what is possible. You can create one file containing the entire fuselage, but copying back everything to the right files is a nightmare too. Best way would be to first create one line (or copy it from another texture) that you know is right/straight, and then draw the other lines at a specific distances of ..pixels.

If you want to see a really difficult paintjob for the B200, have a look at what Richard achieved here (you'll have to scroll down a bit to #112 and follow the thread). If that is possible, a few lines would almost look easy (which it isn't of course)

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2