Sign in to follow this  
Propane

Hong Kong Departure

Awesome graphics quality! I really love the 3rd shot. I'm guessing it's SweetFX that gives the colour/bloom effect.

Thanks! Yeah, I use SweetFX mostly to get some more saturation and remove some of the 'bleach' present in FSX. For this purpose I've also enabled the Bloom and HDR part of SweetFX.

I'm guessing it's SweetFX that gives the colour/bloom effect.

I use SweetFX mostly to get some more saturation

Many FlyTampa airports are modeled with darker colors and greater contrast, two types of color correction I really appreciate. At FlyTampa airports, it is almost as if one is looking through the video-editing lens of a good FSX filmmaker!

I remember reading about FlightSoft Hong Kong and disagreeing with the opinion of the developer:

"Aerosoft / Fly Tampa HONG KONG FSX. Despite bright blue skies with little cloud cover the overwhelming darkness around the building structures emerges as a most unattractive feature of this otherwise valiant attempt to render a scenery of Hong Kong for Microsoft Flight Simulator X."

I personally think that the "overwhelming darkness" of FlyTampa Hong Kong is actually a great feature. The brightness of FlightSoft Hong Kong is somewhat cheap-looking and unfitting compared to the surrounding scenery, which is not as bright.

Many FSX developers and video "advertisements" feature ample color correction, as the blemishes and low resolution of both default and payware textures are revealed and emphasized if bright lighting is used.

Many FlyTampa airports are modeled with darker colors and greater contrast, two types of color correction I really appreciate. At FlyTampa airports, it is almost as if one is looking through the video-editing lens of a good FSX filmmaker!

Yeah, I enjoy having a bit more saturation and contrast as well. I also reduce exposure a little with SweetFX, as it helps with some deeper colors and night flying. Here's a before and after look. It's relatively subtle if you compare it to what most people do with ENB for instance:

Before:

8440121113_7d83ea5d58_b.jpg

After:

8440121067_9ba575f221_b.jpg

Best to open them both in new tabs and switch from one to the other, but you get the idea :P.

I enjoy having a bit more saturation and contrast as well. I also reduce exposure a little with SweetFX, as it helps with some deeper colors and night flying. Here's a before and after look.

Good comparison! I like how you do not excessively color-correct your images/views.

Are you using REX? If so, which sky theme is that?

Are you using REX? If so, which sky theme is that?

Yeah, the sky theme is Vibrantilliance from OD and the clouds are 67 I believe :).

Yeah, the sky theme is Vibrantilliance from OD and the clouds are 67 I believe :).

Thanks for the information. I have started retrying other REX sky themes. Ever since I moved my FSX operations base from Hong Kong to Europe, I had forgotten to change my sky theme from a dull, polluted one to a bolder, purer one that better resembles Austrian and Swiss skies.