Sign in to follow this  
Propane

Hong Kong Departure

Leaving Hong Kong International (VHHH) with the Captain Sim Boeing 777-200ER GE in Air New Zealands upcoming new livery. Many people seem to dislike the choice for the black tail and no pacific wave up front anymore, I kinda like the minimalism and the new font goes pretty well with it.

1. ATC changed their mind from "Line up 07L and wait" to "Hold short 07L, traffic is 747 on final".... Luckily I wasn't on the runway yet, but still an incursion.

8432642596_8741f75b13_b.jpg

2. And here's the culprit...

8432642890_150cff3310_b.jpg

3. Autopilot on at 3000ft as we head towards the city of Hong Kong

8432643034_a340ccb1bc_b.jpg

4. The new tail in it's simplicity

8432643514_2d2b04ba54_b.jpg

5. Captain Sim has made some of the best Virtual Cockpits in the past, and the B777 is no exception.

8432644052_bddc72dea6_b.jpg

6. Flying past Kai Tak

8432644418_efe0f01477_b.jpg

7. And the passengers view of it

8432644520_1249b3123a_b.jpg

Enjoy!

FSX

Captain Sim Boeing 777-200 Base Pack

MyTraffic X 2010

ImagineSim VHHH

FlyTampa VHHX

Free Hong Kong Photoscenery from the library here (search for Hong Kong)

SweetFX in DX9

Beautiful,Love that T7

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I love flying around Hong Kong, as the FlyTampa scenery is so excellent! I have mixed feelings about the new Air New Zealand livery. The black-and-white design is elegant and simple, but lacks uniqueness and seems somewhat boring.

Nice pics. Love flying round Hong Kong in FSX. But it needs wayyy more boats in the water.

Peter

Real nice shots! I was doing some nice flying around kai Tak and VHHH the other day in a Piper Malibu in the sim. I don't have any scenery for it but the default fsx on highest settings. A lot of fun!!

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Beautiful,Love that T7

I'm starting to love it as well. I don't do much long haul and mainly bought it to have a near-complete modern Boeing line-up in my hangar :P. It still has some issues, but I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't seem to experience them :).

I love flying around Hong Kong, as the FlyTampa scenery is so excellent! I have mixed feelings about the new Air New Zealand livery. The black-and-white design is elegant and simple, but lacks uniqueness and seems somewhat boring.

Yeah, I can understand both viewpoints. But to quote someone on another forum, the teal was starting to look a bit "nineties" :P. Especially the versions with the rough gradient. If they wanted to update it and keep the teal, they should have gone for something along the lines of the new Fiji livery, with perhaps some nice Maori symbolism in a modern design. Just the tail in a teal color didn't cut it anymore for me :P.

Nice pics. Love flying round Hong Kong in FSX. But it needs wayyy more boats in the water.

Peter

True true, I'll crank up the boat traffic next time and see what happens :).

they should have gone for something along the lines of the new Fiji livery, with perhaps some nice Maori symbolism in a modern design.

I like the colors and elegance (as you mentioned, the blend between modern and traditional elements) of that livery! The tail is nicely patterned, unlike that of the new American Airlines livery, which is too linear for me.

Awesome graphics quality! I really love the 3rd shot. I'm guessing it's SweetFX that gives the colour/bloom effect.