Sign in to follow this  

I bought JAR Design and like it (though would like the 64-bit version to be released). They also have good tutorial videos teaching you how to fly the aircraft.

JAR Design. While not "feature complete", it does offer a medium amount of systems simulation, along with some nice eye candy. Their stated intent is to improve on and add to the systems depth (hopefully as free updates!), which would allow you to grow into the Airbus way of doing things.

On the other hand, if you like diving head first into the deep end and aren't concerned with eye candy so much, Peter's flight model is outstanding, at least in my layman's opinion.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

What a nice package. Much to learn but well worth the money. I remember the B744 PS1 sim. Great system simulator. Now I can "play Bus" but with more eye candy.

What a nice package. Much to learn but well worth the money. I remember the B744 PS1 sim. Great system simulator. Now I can "play Bus" but with more eye candy.

the A320neo by JarDesign is an amazing beautiful plane for almost half the price of a 2D Peter Plane :good:

I'd still recommend taking a look at Peter's free version, the QPAC A320. There are aspects I don't care for, such as the jumpseat view and lack of V-cockpit (a cabin I can do without if need be, but I've gotta have that 3D cockpit :D), but I can't stop singing the praises of that FBW modeling. If only there was a way to merge that with the visuals and systems of the JAR plane...

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

OT post: Remember this one?

http://en.m.wikipedi...bus_(video_game)

LOL! I had it! :lol:

My first "flight sim" (big word) was "R.A.F." for the MSX, it loaded on an audio cassette! The outside world consisted merely of a white line representing a cloud stratus. It ran at something like 3 FPS. :lol:

My first flight sim with an actual 3d world was "F/A 18 Interceptor" for Amiga ( http://en.wikipedia....-18_Interceptor ). If you climbed, the aircraft suddenly stopped at 40.960 ft like there was an invisible wall. :lol:

My first flight sim with an actual realistic (non arcade) flight model was Flight Unlimited II for PC. And yet it had better rain effects that today flight simulators... :smile:

Marco

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

Yes, I had it too. Version 1 with a few EU airports and version 2 covering the US. And a nice book with IAP's and a printed manual. Those were the days.

My first sim was an A320 C64. Written by a retired LH pilot who lived in Hamburg. Advertised in German pilot magazines. Expensive, handful of airports only but so much fun.

Flight unlimited, I had them all 3. And Pro Pilot, I loved the clouds and the Citation. *******, I'm old, lol.

And a nice book with IAP's and a printed manual.

I used those approach plates later with MSFS so many times!!!! Still have it :-)!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...