Sign in to follow this  
wakrein

747-400 Black Screen When Trying to Access Add-on Settings HELP

Every time i try to view my replays, or try to access my Add-on options, i get a black screen. However When i press the ESC key i can see the Escape options only. When i press Escape again it just right back to the black screen. If i continue to press the escape key i can sometimes see the graphical environment, however it is very distorted. Any help with this issue would be really appreciated. Thanks

Does this happen windowed mode or full screen ?

It happens only under fullscreen mode.

p.s. my PMDG software was also legally purchased. Along with my REX Essentials Plus w/overdrive.

I have the same issue, but only since switching to windows 7. It sucks, but I just have to make sure hit ALT+ENTER before opening any menu to load fuel etc....Haven't found a fix yet...

-Dan Burke-

It is a video card issue that has no fix except to run your sim in windowed mode. Affects a lot of addons.

Peter Schluter

It is a video card issue that has no fix except to run your sim in windowed mode. Affects a lot of addons.

So your suggesting windowed mode as a work around for these issues?

Y

So your suggesting windowed mode as a work around for these issues?

Yes. I had the same issues when using full screen mode with the menu for addon planes as well as the FSUIPC menu. Despite using the usual recommended settings: "disable desktop composition" and "disable visual themes" in the launch icon, full screen mode just doesnt like my sim (FS9). So windowed mode is the way to go.

Peter Schluter

Y

Yes. I had the same issues when using full screen mode with the menu for addon planes as well as the FSUIPC menu. Despite using the usual recommended settings: "disable desktop composition" and "disable visual themes" in the launch icon, full screen mode just doesnt like my sim (FS9). So windowed mode is the way to go.

OK thanks! I really appreciate your help!

Welcome to AVSIM!

After experiencing the issue, is it ever possible to continue flying? If not, have you tried applying stability tweaks?

Two essential stability tweaks many people recommend are:

HIGHMEMFIX=1 in FSX.cfg, which largely eliminates aircraft graphics rendering (“skeleton”) issues.

UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX main folder, which largely eliminates memory insufficiency/usage errors (e.g., after long periods of flight, using menus too frequently, etc.).

For specific instructions, please reference the appropriate sections of Word Not Allowed's Guide (use Find in your browser).

Welcome to AVSIM!

After experiencing the issue, is it ever possible to continue flying? If not, have you tried applying stability tweaks?

Two essential stability tweaks many people recommend are:

HIGHMEMFIX=1 in FSX.cfg, which largely eliminates aircraft graphics rendering (“skeleton”) issues.

UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX main folder, which largely eliminates memory insufficiency/usage errors (e.g., after long periods of flight, using menus too frequently, etc.).

For specific instructions, please reference the appropriate sections of Word Not Allowed's Guide (use Find in your browser).

Wow spectacular information my man, i really appreciate your dedication. Great info! Thanks for going out of your way to help me. Ill give this a try tomorrow

Wow spectacular information my man, i really appreciate your dedication. Great info! Thanks for going out of your way to help me. Ill give this a try tomorrow

You're welcome!

However, while these tweaks are usually effective, success can not be guaranteed due to the differences between each hardware configuration, especially if your computer is outdated. While they work for many people, I do not know whether your issue is indeed a memory usage one that can be resolved by UIAutomationCore.dll.

You're welcome!

However, while these tweaks are usually effective, success can not be guaranteed due to the differences between each hardware configuration, especially if your computer is outdated. While they work for many people, I do not know whether your issue is indeed a memory usage one that can be resolved by UIAutomationCore.dll.

Well im looking at UIAutomationCore.dll but what do i do with it?

Well im looking at UIAutomationCore.dll but what do i do with it?

First, ensure that you have found an appropriate version of UIAutomationCore.dll (the version in the guide I linked is reliable). Then, copy the file into the FSX root folder (C:\FSX or the location in which you installed FSX).

First, ensure that you have found an appropriate version of UIAutomationCore.dll (the version in the guide I linked is reliable). Then, copy the file into the FSX root folder (C:\FSX or the location in which you installed FSX).

Hey bud, i have read the Word Not Allowed's Guide and am still puzzled as to which (FSX) folder to drop the UIAutomationCore.dll file. Should this file be placed in:

"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

The Word Not Allowed's Guide instructs this file to be placed into the "FSX folder" Without specifying which FSX folder to place UIAutomationCore.dll

Also after some googleing was done some say to place the file in the Main FSX folder where the FSX.exe file resides. Others say the Appdata subdirectory FSX folder, while others saying wow64.

May i ask you where you suggest putting the UIAutomationCore.dll file?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I place it (and believe that most people do) in my equivalent of the above, which is C:\FSX (installing FSX in a separate C-drive folder is recommended in order to avoid permissions conflicts that might occur if you install FSX in Program Files).