Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

VC Sound?

I really REALLY don't like the extremely quiet cockpit environment. Is there a way to change this? I see there are two exe files in the B200 folder, but I don't hear any difference whichever I use. I also see no documentation regarding these files.

Ta!

+1

Same here, the motors are all but silent when inside the cockpit ... even with the wing windows open! If I crank the system sounds full up, as well as the FSX sound sliders, I can faintly hear the motors. Then I jump to an outside view, and wake my neighbors up ... across the street, lol. Joking, of course, but the sound imbalance between internal/external is rather extreme.

Hi all,

allthough I think the Carenado sounds are pretty close to the real thing, as the cabin of the B200 is very very quiet (compared to a C90 or a Cheyenne e.g.), you can compare with various Youtube videos, I can highly recommend the TSS King Air Sound HD Package, which works great together with both the B200 and the C90B. Can be found at simmarket or flightsim store for about 14 USD ... worth every penny! There is also a show of it on youtube.

Another option would be to download the freeware tool audacity and raise up the volume of the urging sounds ... 15 to 30 minutes of easy "work" ... the tool is great!

Cheers and have a great weekend!

<br />Another option would be to download the freeware tool audacity and raise up the volume of the urging sounds ... 15 to 30 minutes of easy "work" ... the tool is great!<br />

Have you done this Andy? Might speed up the process if you could say which files and by how much?

Thanks

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

no I did not do this with this particular aircraft, as I like the volume as it is ... but you should look at the files having "prop" and "rpm" in their names ... without the "X" which stands for the extrenal sound files, which I guess you are ok with them.

Regarding the amount of lifting up the volume is tryout and like / dislike ... you can hear the difference in the tool after you made the adjustment ... but I would make a big backup of the original sound-folder before all that.

You surely have to get a bit comfortable with such a sound editing software, but lifting the volume is not a very difficult task.

The way it currently sounds inside the aircraft is as real as it gets. Besides, I'm sure that if you're piloting this aircraft, you would be wearing headsets which muffles the sound even more.

Thanks guys, will have a go at editing the files, it doesn't sound too tricky, plus with a back up, I can always revert.

I know yo're right about sound levels (the same discussions go on about the low engine noise levels in flight1's DC9), and if I was buying a B200, one of the things I would marvel at, is how quite the cockpit was. But as a flight simmer, I love to hear the sound of those pratt and whitney's, especially in beta, realistic or not,

But horses for courses as they say...

Eugene

That's understandable Eugene. If we as simmers can't have the effect of turbulance under our butts when flying, we might as well have the noise! :lol:

Had a go at editing the RPM and turbine sounds with Audacity, but of course raising those levels, makes a lot of other noises inaudible, so reverted back to the standard install. Maybe if I spent a lot of time tinkering, I could get it just right, but think I'd rather stick to the original files and marvel at the silence!

Eugene

Yep, will give this a go as well. It's not that I don't appreciate a quiet cockpit. I typically fly A2A warbirds, so having a quiet experience at the yoke is rather novel. I mostly want the motor sounds to be apparent when I'm sitting on the tarmac with the windows open. I mean, I can open the windows at altitude, and as expected I hear the massive inrush of air. Wish I could say the same for the motors.

Let me know if you have any luck, there were 6 various RPM WAV's, 4 prop WAV's, and 3 RPM reverse WAV's, didn't know where to start, so upped them all by an arbitrary value of 30db (no idea what that figure should give). The result wasn't great, so put it in the "too difficult" pile, if you have better luck I'd be interested to hear of it.

Eugene

...if you have better luck I'd be interested to hear of it.

Eugene

Would also be interested.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got some tips to make the VC sound volume a bit closer to the exterior sound, so one does not wake the otherside of the planet when they go to the exterior view?

I have had enough of my ears drums bursting!!

Tim...

I have a keyboard with a handy set of volume buttons, including a mute button. I'm nearly bald, so that mute button saves me a lot of hair-pulling looking for other solutions that might cost me hours of hair-pulling frustration.

I don't yet wear headphones, so I'll ask innocently. Does VC sound all flow through the headset and exterior view sounds through the speakers? If not, a headset would be another solution. Right?

I think my hair is growing back.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did any of You tried lowering the cabin fan noise? I bet all the ButtKicker users do not ventilate the cabin at all because this awfull noise...