Sign in to follow this  
FloG

Downloading doesn't work

I'm currently using Firefox 18.0.2, and I've never had any issues downloading so far. But recently I recognized that after clicking the download button it takes me to the download page, and Firefox seems to start downloading, but nothing happens. I waited five minutes, but still the icon in the top line of the tab still showed "busy", but the download window didn't open, so I pressed the manual download link, but still without success. Then I tried reloading the page, and to manually download the file again. Aafter the fourth attempt I got the usual message, that only 3 downloads are allowed at the same time.

No I tried to slove the issue by downloading the latest version of Opera, which only gives me the error 530 message the first time I attempt to download a file.

What can I do to get the downloads to start again? (The problem exists with every kind of file I tried to download, mainly sceneries, but also repaints and original aircraft, all for FSX)

Thank you for your help,

Flo

I am also using Firefox 18.0.2 and not experiencing any problems downloading anything for the file library. Does the firefox download list open or does the "loading" circle just spin in the tab?

Might sound dumb, but have you restarted the browser and cleared history and cache?

Does the firefox download list open or does the "loading" circle just spin in the tab?

No the list doesn't open, there's just the spinning circle.

Might sound dumb, but have you restarted the browser and cleared history and cache?

You got me here, that escaped my mind. But I tried it prior to answering your post, and it didn't do the trick.

Nevermind, as long as downloading works on my simming machine - and it does - it's OK.

Is it the same browser?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Might be an older version of FIrefox, maybe some 17.x.y(I can only check tomorrow evening), as I don't always connect that one to the internet, but basically it's the same, and as cva1077 said, Firefox 18.0.2 works fine for him, maybe something just got messed up without my knowledge.

As I said earlier, I finally cleared my history and cache, restarted the browser, restarted the computer, but all without success, but I'm happy as long as I have a computer where downloading is still possible, and doing that directly on the simming computer is actually easier, because I don't need to transfer everything, and I don't need to sort university stuff out before moving the files to an external drive. I just don't have the comfort of downoading it at higher speeds from the WLAN hotspot, and I need to take care of the amount of downloaded data.

Thanks,

Flo

Just a little HU, in case anyone still follows this problem/tries to solve it: I just cleared my browser chache again, and downloading works again!

Haven't been able to download from AVSIM for months now and ended up giving up trying to download after repeated failures over an extended period. But I now need a file that I cannot find anywhere else (Autothumbnail2 Windows 7 Fix). So I have recently been trying to download from AVSIM once again and still can't. I have tried on PCs and Macs with all the common browsers without any luck.

Have tried from different locations such as friends houses and work. Still no luck.

I have recently acquired two new machines. A brand new PC (purely for flight sims and nothing else) and also a brand new MacBookPro to replace older equipment.

First thing I did on both of these machines before installing anything else was to try downloading from AVSIM. I figured that since these machines were brand new without any foreign software or third party firewalls and plugins and anything else that could affect my attempts at downloading from AVSIM, I would have some success. But I was wrong. Guess what? I still can't download from AVSIM.

I have read all the forum posts on this issue, and there are quite a few, and they date back quite a while. I have tried all the suggestions in them, and nothing seems to solve the problem. It seems many people are having issues trying to get downloads. I have donated to AVSIM a few times over the years, but can't see the point of making anymore donations to AVSIM if the site can't provide a simple need. 

Does anybody out there have the Autothumbnail2 Windows 7 Fix that they could post somewhere or send to me please.

The file is "autothumbnail_fix.zip" from the following page

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=autothumbnail&CatID=root&Go=Search

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated.

Well, the library is working perfectly fine and has been for months. It is working fine for other users and we have received no other reports like your one from anyone else.

I've just tested the file 'autothumbnail_fix.zip' in 7 different browsers and it downloads perfectly fine.

Are you getting any error messages and if so what do they say?

Have you tried flushing your browser cache already? That did the trick for me when I started this thread half a year ago (but I obviously messed up somewhere in between, as it took me several attempts to be able to download again).

Hello All

As a variation on the downloding (or not) theme, I cannot download anything from the library to my Android tablet.

PC ok but tablet no joy.

I can download from the 'other' place to tablet with no problems.

Cheers

HW

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi HW,

Just did a test from my Android phone - downloaded ok. Not sure why its not working for you, but bear in mind that we can't provide effective support and help for all mobile devices (just too many variations of Operating systems, apps, set-ups and hardware).

The library is working ok.

For anyone having issues downloading, please check if your security software is not blocking your downloads from avsim, also make sure you have cookies and 3rd party cookies enabled on your browser.

Completely clearing your cache will help if it is overfilled or if your avsim cookies happen to have gotten corrupted. Its generally a good idea to periodically clear your browser's cache from time to time. If you don't know how to do that see here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Hi HW,

Just did a test from my Android phone - downloaded ok. Not sure why its not working for you, but bear in mind that we can't provide effective support and help for all mobile devices (just too many variations of Operating systems, apps, set-ups and hardware).

The library is working ok.

For anyone having issues downloading, please check if your security software is not blocking your downloads from avsim, also make sure you have cookies and 3rd party cookies enabled on your browser.

Completely clearing your cache will help if it is overfilled or if your avsim cookies happen to have gotten corrupted. Its generally a good idea to periodically clear your browser's cache from time to time. If you don't know how to do that see here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Momtchil

Its not really a problem for me.I don't download to my tablet that often, and the 'normal' method to PC is fine anyway.

Cheers

HW

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

hi all.  my first question on the forum.  Hope I'm on the right thread.  I can download a zip file, but it won't install from there.  I get an ENC file and a read me file and it won't open the ENC. Am i doing something wrong?   Thanks, John.      A REAL NEWBIE here...lol