Sign in to follow this  

UK scenery - ORBX, GEX, VFR, Horizon VFR?

If you search around the net a bit you can get a lot of objects which show over photo scenery , I have a lot of masts , most power stations , sub stations , pylons , wind farms .

Developer names, websites, package names etc appreciated :-)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

A good place to start would be the FSX Power Project. This includes a large chunk of the electricity pylon network in England, Wales and Scotland, and lots of wind farms, power stations, and other bits and pieces. Version 4.2 (the latest one) is available at Mutley's Hangar. You may have to register, but it's worth it!

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes power projects is one , esi has some masts & light houses , UK 2000 , sometimes just searching for fsx & the tower name you can find it modeled somewhere.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

Thanks for the suggestions chaps, will try and track down FSX Power Project v4.2 (don't fancy registering for a forum I'll never use, why can't people just upload to Avsim!)

Going back to the original topic, there is a 10 minute HD comparison video between Horizon VFR w/Treescapes and Orbx here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AW7uTh_oFiE#t=3m15s

One thing I've realised is I really dislike Orbx water, looks very cartoony

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

FSX Power Project is available elsewhere. It's just that I do not know if the very latest version 4.2 is at AVSIM or Flightsim.com. Anyway, Mutley's Hangar is a nice, friendly site, and registering takes seconds.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello Chris,

Our paths cross yet again, hope you are well. You are correct Mutley's Hangar is a friendly web-site.

Power Project v4.2 and all its previous versions can be found on the Simviation site:

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ray+porter&categoryId=54

Note that it can be found on the Simnetwork site - I have never been able to freely download my own creation without paying a membership fee & requests to have it removed have been ignored. Therefore I cannot vouch that their version is virus free etc.

Despite being a huge project; 12,000+ wind turbines around the World (3,000+ in UK) & more than 41,000 electricity pylons aligned to Horizon GenerationX England, Wales & Scotland photo scenery, the download zipped file is less than 2 MBytes in size.

Hope you find it useful,

Ray (FSX Power Project creator)

I had a demo of VFR and wasnt really impressed with it. The photoreal looked very flat.

It looks better with ES Treescapes added. In addition, you will not find a better mesh resolution for the UK than the 5 metres you get with GenX.

EDIT: Were you referring to JF VFR Real Scenery, or PlayHorizon GenX?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I know that this is an old topic but I would like to ask what is I think a somewhat related question. My apologies if the question needs to be moved elsewhere.

I have the Playsims/Horizon Gen X Scenery and in general I think that it's an excellent product. However, I think that it might be interfering with the default FSX Map/Planner terrain display which seems to show only the coast outline.  Is this to be expected or is it something incorrect in my setup?

Mnay thanks for any help.