Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

188AHC

AOTD for 2/21/13 - Iditarod 10 - Takotna

Surprise, Surprise. They fixed us up. We now have the Iditarod checkpoint that we should have on Thursday.

To all Flight pilots - Let's go get it!.

Enjoy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK guys. It worked. I just flew a very nice flight from McGrath to Takotna and collected the AOTD.

On the way:

Look at the color and light gradation is implemented in Flight. This is outstanding. Looking ahead it's dark and behind with the sun on the trees, they are much lighter. I like it. This is also apparent in the distance with the mountains.

Look at all the oxbows in the river. I think some artist was having fun.

Here's Takotna.

And the cache:

There are two windsocks at Takotna too. Did you notice?:

Glad to see they got this put up so you could still post it today!

BTW: The real 2013 Iditarod starts in 8 days, on March 2nd, in Anchorage. Unless you live in Alaska, or buy the pay-per-view, you will not see much coverage of this 2 week event. If you are interested, you can get the daily updates at the Ititarod.com website. This event is central to much of Alaska history. Each of the 30 or so checkpoints has it's own story and a slice of history, much of it related to the gold rush era. Luis mentioned aerocaches with historical interest. That's exactly what these should be. (I hope).

I also got # 10 tonight. Nice flight but not much to look at along the way. On the line at Takotna, Just never get tired the lighting and shading effects.

Steve