Sign in to follow this  
rspring94

New Scenery Developers

Want to make scenery have patience and learn all you can about different texturing and other techniques to make objects. Start off simple and work up the food chain. Less is more with scenery and building planes.

WOW now that is awesome. I viewed the video for Instant Scenery 2 and had read about the Object studio. But do they make or allow you to edit airports ? like taxi ways, parking add/change runways. Nav aids and so on?

Not taxiways, runways, parking. But they have Airport Facilitator X and Airport Studio for that. Instant Scenery 2 places buildings, static cars/airplanes, trees, bushes, etc.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

WOW now that is awesome. I viewed the video for Instant Scenery 2 and had read about the Object studio. But do they make or allow you to edit airports ? like taxi ways, parking add/change runways. Nav aids and so on?

Have you seen this?

ADE is what you need.

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade/

you can edit most aspects of an airport and also add objects with it.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Are they usable in FSX? They have to be in bgl files for FSX to use them, correct? Buildings and people would be interesting.

Perhaps, FSX uses .x model files (which are directx model files). You export a .x file from the modelling program, run that through xtomdl (part of the FSX SDK) and that produces a FSX MDL file. You can then use a library program to compile a bunch of MDL files into a BGL file which is what is used in FSX (for scenery objects, aircraft remain as MDL files).

I've taken a .x model exported from FSDS and imported it into one of the directx viewing tools in the DirectX SDK (not the FSX SDK) and had it show up fine (Interesting fact: the teapot that appears in the FSX materials section in the FSX SDK appears in the DirectX SDK as well). So there is some compatibility there. FSX aircraft though (or anything with animations) add a lot of stuff which may not be still compatible with directx. For simple scenery objects though it should be possible to transfer them from directx to FSX (in theory).

BTW, GMAX exports models directly to MDL format via the FSX plugins avoiding the .x file generation. 3DS max will export .x files and FSDS will export .x files. Model Converter X will load model files from Sketchup and can export .x files as well.

www.antsairplanes.com

Website has been shut down, watch this space.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)

Update:

I have taken on earlier advice and will be starting on smaller projects. My next project will be YWLM.

...and on another note, has anyone heard anything regarding the progress of FlyTampa YSSY? I have not heard anything since it was announced back in February.

Recent Flights:

18-5-2018

QF147: SYD-AKL (ZK-ZQG)

27-5-2018

EK413: CHC-SYD (A6-EUI)