Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EGLL77W

Navigraph Charts to PDF?

Does anyone know how to do it? I did it months ago and seriously cannot remember how - I've just updated my OMDB but forgot how to put it as a PDF with all the Bookmarks saved in Adobe Reader.

This is so I can view via my iPad if you were wondering..

Cheers!

Boeing777_Banner_Betateam.jpg

- Luke Pabari

Know this is an old topic, but just ran across the same issue. Downloaded some charts, and now need them in a bookmarked PDF. Anyone have advice?

Derek MacPherson

At the risk of sounding cliche, I love planes.
GTX 770 / i7-4790K / 16GB DDR3

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maybe try a PDF printer such as 'CutePDF Writer'

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

Tried that, but there were no bookmarks when it saved.

Derek MacPherson

I convert the international charts I need to .pdf with Cute PDF Writer and them import them into FS Kneeboard 2 by Inquisitive Graphics (the US charts are native to the app).  This allows the charts to be organized in a tabular way on an iPad for dept/arrival etc.

One thing, though, the Navigraph charts print engine is boogered up and won't print some of their charts to pdf correctly...it yaks on some of the layers and generates partial plates that have been known to lock up several different pdf readers I've used.  Navigraph Chart has been that way for years and requests to fix the problem have fallen on deaf ears there...

Regards

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 5xSamsung SSD, eVGA 1KW PSU, 1Gbps internet

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Does anyone know of a free way without FS Kneeboard? I'm viewing them on a desktop, I just like to have them in PDF format so I can save them to Dropbox, and view them in different windows, etc...

I also have a large selection of charts that aren't in the Navigraph section, instead saved elsewhere, and I'd rather keep them all in one place if possible.

Derek MacPherson

I use a program called Primo PDF. From navigraph charts or whatever source I'm using I'll go to print the navplate but instead of selecting my printer I'll select Primo PDF then a prompt comes up allowing you to save it wherever you like.

I usually save it into Dropbox then access it from my EFB (aka Samsung Tablet)

2wegk6b.png  Jason Carruthers

Awesome - thanks! And that saves with bookmarks for the charts?

Derek MacPherson

I'm not too sure. I don't use bookmarks for my charts. But the software is free so there's no harm in trying.

2wegk6b.png  Jason Carruthers

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

31%
    $7,770.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now