Sign in to follow this  
Air1

A six pack

Something I would really like to see someday is a pop up window with your basic 6 or 8 flight instruments. I think it would be a real draw to selling the war birds without having to go to a full cockpit. It would make them so much easier to fly. I hope some smart individual could figure out how do that. Just dreaming again.

Steve

p51%20cockpit.jpg

This is the P-51 cockpit from Flight Simulator. I would be happy with the RV cockpit as a basic choice for any of the warbirds vs. this one in my opinion. I wish I knew how to write or modify code better. Time to hit the books. :)

I agree with you Steve. The Mustang has both a mixture control that needs to be set properly and a variable pitch prop that needs the same. You can't properly fly any of the warbirds C-46 included without having the gauges to tell you what your doing. Who knows, it might just happen.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was thinking of something much more basic like this. We don't want to get carried away. It would suffice for your basic flight information. It is done in many other sims including FSX.

Edit: Yes Rick, mixture and prop settings would be nice.

Steve

I would love it if we got all those cockpitless birds to have cockpits.

Nice, cockpits. :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Damn, I would buy the Zero and the C-46 in a heartbeat if someone made cockpits for them. And I would pay for the cockpits too.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

That is the very reason I've never purchased one of the basic airplanes. I think they are all great models but without a cockpit you're flying blind as far as managing the aircraft properly. And, that's just something that doesn't interest me. I do have the Red Tail and only fly it if I want to get somewhere in a hurry. Other than that, I don't find it very satisfying to fly.

Maybe in the future we will be able to do something about this. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was on multiplayer yesterday and there were a bunch of people flying the C-46 into careful landings and being coached by another player I see fairly often.

I was thinking they were doing pretty good for people being forced to fly a big, slow whale from behind.

(Meanwhile, one of the players friended me then spent the session trying to crash into me)

Such is Flight. :-)

I was not tempted to join them since landing the whale with no cockpit just doesn't seem all that enticing except as a lark. With a cockpit and some instruments to seal the immersion deal though, I might actually be tempted to buckle down with that plane.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Maybe it would be possible to extract informations from Flight and inject that on a kind of overlay, likle what GMap widget is doing. That plus the "fake cockpit" trick could be the bare minimum...

Another "easy" trick would be to substitute another cockpit already built-in, and make the game believe cockpitless planes would be "Deluxe"... I don't think M$ would agree to that ?

Thinking about it, just a cockpit might not be that hard. A working cockpit, however..........

Devons rig