Sign in to follow this  
jeffyen

Aeroworx B200 review - strongly underscored IMHO!!!

One more thing about the systems modeling - when you say that the compasses are 'on' when the inverter is switched off - what exactly do you mean? The B-200 has and pilot-side EFIS, magnetic compass and a copilot-side HSI. The HSI is a magnetically slaved gyroscopic compass. Some HSIs require DC current, for example the S-Tec ST-180 HSI, similiar in appearance to the one modeled in the Aeroworx B-200. If your comment had to do with this instrument, it makes sense that the HSI would appear functional even if the inverter were switched off, but the battery on, because this instrument runs on DC instead of AC current.The magnetic compass requires no source of external power and its operation is invariant of whether the inverter is on or off.I recall the that the EFIS can be switched on only when the inverter is supplying power in the Aeroworx B-200.Again, I think this system appears to be modeled correctly and not a bug. It would be a shame if Aeroworx changed the modeling of these systems because of the perception that the systems logic was not correct; I think they got it right the first time.On the bright side - I thought the review was very nicely written and the effort to contact Aeroworx to clarify some information showed good responsibility to your readership and professionalism - WTG!

Guest Paul Middleton

Thanks to everyone for their comments.The point about the compasses was based upon the POH supplied by Aeroworx. The relevant section says."Both Compass systems (No 1 and No 2) are ac power dependent, and are powered by the selected inverter. Gyro Compass 1 provides heading information for the pilot's HSI and pilot's RMI. Gyro compass 2 serves the co-pilot's HSI and the co-pilot's RMI".What I was observing was that even with the inverter OFF, the heading information to these instruments was good, and changed with aircraft heading.My thanks, Rudi, for your observation on the torque gauge, and I stand corrected on that. It caught my eye during testing, and I assumed it was a bug, because it switched off when the inverters were off, although I was mainly concentrating on compass information.

Hi Clay,Do we have to guess wich airliner you are referring to? That's easy enough, szs :) .hm

Guest B52Drivr

HM . . .Well, I'd really tell ya, but I've probably said too much already without permission LOL. Leave it to my big mouth to probably get me into trouble, so . . . since I'm drowning already , I'll say this:"it's a first class project, with a bunch of great guys who have spent a ton of time getting it to where "I" think it is really right!And, I feel honored and thrilled that Paul thought enough of my talents and expertise to ask me to help beta it. I can tell you this, initially, it was the 'best' beta I'd ever seen, and now that it's almost finished, well, I just can't say enough good about it!One first class aircraft which flies just like the real thing, (faults of the real aircraft and all), and it works like a charm! I believe everyone else will feel the same way also, espicially since I have flown about everyone eles's version of 'this one' and know how good some of them were . . . but this one just blows them all away.Won't say another word before they all choke me, , but best to all and hope the convention is a real ball.Clay

Guest Peter Sidoli

The Aeroworx B200 in my view is one of the best aircraft available and hence I was dissapointed with the scoring.For me any simulated aircraft is about creating a flavour of real flight in a specific aircraft and in that respect the B200 scores top marks.The other point that is missed is that the more complex the simulation the more chance there will be in finding faults.You cannot compare a simulation of a piper cub and then score that plane in the same way as you would the PMDG 737 s The PMDG 737 is so detailed and complex that there is no comparison.In a simular way the B200 is a highly detailed simulation and yes may have faults but overall gives a highly realistic sensation of being in the real aircraft.I hope Aeroworx do continue to fine tune this aircraft as do PMDG because then like PMDG products this aircraft could become one of the all time greats.Peter

Guest Paul Middleton

...but not this Paul, just to avoid any confusion!

I think overall that the payware reviews on AVSIM could be better. I have 2 ideas for this.1. CompareLets take the B200 review. FS2004 already has a B350 why not make a comparison between the 2. Maybe comparing:- External model- VC- Instrument panel functionality- Frame rate (done in the review, I would like it better if it where done over a default airport) - AirfileIn this way I can start a flight in the default B350 and judge for myself if I want/need the extra functions offered. BTW several improvements for the default B350 can be found here http://homepage.iprolink.ch/metzger/FS2004_beechcraft_e.html2. More reviewersLet at least 3 reviewers rate an add-on 1 does the write up the other 2 just score the add-on and make some extra comments. Keep a history of previous ratings and a short bio of the reviewer that includes the add-ons they use and the type of flying they do. This way we get a more varied review and when the reviewers match with some of the typical users (bush flyer, aircraft systems nut, recreational flyer, etc) you can pick the reviewer that matches your tastes.Judged on the review and several forum messages if I

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest B1900 Mech

Could someone please direct me to the Aeroworx King Air B200 Patch? I have looked On Aeroworx,and FFS sites with no luck,Or has the new air file been mistaken for an offical patch?

Good review Paul. Though I too think the scoring was too low for such a fine aircraft. I will pay strict attention to future reviews to see if other similar products are rated accordingly. I put the Aeroworx B200 far above just about all other GA planes and on equal par with the likes of Flight1's Piper Meridian. I now fly the B200 about 90% of the time. I would hate to see any GA plane get anything above 3 points if it is not up to the quality of the B200. You have set the bar pretty high for many othter products. I only hope that both you and Avsim stick to that high standard. If not, your reviews will become pretty much useless. I will keep watch for many more good reviews as I use them for purchasing decisions.Regards,