Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Medium range Boeing?

ATM I'm spoilt with the PMDG 737 and 747. I'm looking for a medium range bird while I wait for the PMDG 777. The QW 757 looks nice with the retrofitted glass panels. The CS 757 or 767 also look nice. Which one should I go for? I like an excellent VC, comprehensive FMC and little touches like pop-out glass panels and FMC when you click on them.

I'm also going to miss FS2Crews help which is a shame :(

I would go with QW 757, in terms of sounds and flight dynamics it's just superior to CS one. Also less bugs, it's kinda simplified with the systems but CS isn't that great in that area either.

Also I prefer look of QW 757 VC over CS, just looks less cartoonish.

If you're ok with a VC that doesn't look as good as the NGX, you can't do any better than the Level D 767.  It's an older bird, but works in FSX and has system depth equal to PMDG.  If you want something that looks better but keeps that level of depth you're going to have to wait until PMDG or Level D release another bird, sadly.  

Yeah Level D is mostly very nice, the annoying thing is just some compatibility problems with Win 7 or something, for some reason Level D modules keep crashing my FSX on  maybe like 20% of attempted startups, then weirdly enough in flight LDS767 is one of the most stable complex simulations.

How is the 767 more "medium" range than a 737?

Good point, I'm not sure. I just assumed the 737 is a short haul plane, the 767 is a medium and the 747 is long haul.

How does the PMDG MD11 compare? I'd like to stick with boeing systems but it does look interesting.

How does the PMDG MD11 compare?

That one sure isn't a short/medium aircraft, but I really like it. It may not look as well as the NGX(don't want to judge the NGX, though), but I'm pretty sure the MD11's right up there with the NGX, a bit lower maybe, but given its age still really great! And though the AP is quite a bit different from Boeing's usual system, it won't be too difficult to get used to it. If I remember correctly the MD11 was built with similar intetions as Airbuses were: "Reduce the workload of the pilots so they can concentrate on flying."

And regarding the other aircraft, I'd recommend to go for the QW757. It's not a PMDG in any way, but it looks nice, flies nice and you get a lot more variants for less than what you would have to pay for if you chose CS.

While not a Boeing, the QW BAE146 is an excellent bird, and has good systems. I love it. It is way more medium range than a 757.

Ah OK, I have Win 7 so that might be an issue.

Never had one single issue running Win 7 Pro with it, rest assured.

MD11 does have FS2crew voice

Not as far as I know. It has only a Button FS2Crew but still flies well in the FS2Crew environment.

I might actually wait for the PMDG 777 as when it comes out I'll unlikely fly the 767 again.

Good point, I'm not sure. I just assumed the 737 is a short haul plane, the 767 is a medium and the 747 is long haul.

You're right. I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Waiting on PMDG 777 sounds like an excellent plan.

NGX 737-900 would be an equivalent to 757. Any 737 is considered medium range. Recommending an MD11? Long range. 767 medium to long range but accepted as long range. 146, considered short range regional. Boeing 737 and Airbus 320 series are by far the worlds most popular medium range commercial aircraft.