Sign in to follow this  
Swofford

Got a neat invite today.

On Wednesday I'll have some great pictures and story to share. I live about 45 mikes from Dyess AFB which houses a huge wing of B1-B Lancers. I let a group of guys come down to hunt hogs and took them on a few guided hunts as thanks for their service. Today out of the blue one of them, a Lt. Col, called and has set up Sim time for me and my two brothers Wednesday.

Ill post all the pics I can and share what goes on in training as soon as I get back. I'm 37 and feel like a 5 year old kid on Christmas Eve.

Today out of the blue one of them, a Lt. Col, called and has set up Sim time for me and my two brothers Wednesday.

Good on ya all the way 'round, Randy!

Scott

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Plus you probably got rid of some of those pesky hogs. Nasty devils.

It's a bummer. Apparently can't take photographs inside the sim building or the sim itself however after the sim time were going to the flight line to crawl up inside and around the actual aircraft. Ill take as many photos as I can and share them. Was hoping to film the sim.

Have a good time Randy, no worries about the pics as that is understandable, but you will walk away with an experience of a lifetime I am sure. Let us know how it all goes.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Eh I was kinda surprised about no photos in the sim but apparently all the B1 simulators just underwent a huge upgrade. Brought up to modern capabilities and visuals. Outside he's working on a photo pass so when I go to the flight line and crawl around the airplane I can at least take some photos there. Got moved back to Thursday afternoon due to training but will post what I can Friday. Lookin forward to how truly terrible of a pilot FSX has made me.

Most likely there is some proprietary hardware on that simulator they want to keep a secret. 

Cheers  B)

Matthew Kane

I'd be surprised if you were allowed to take any pictures when on base. Security is pretty tight.

He's working on a photo pass for the flight line so told me to bring my camera. Just none in the sim building.

He's working on a photo pass for the flight line so told me to bring my camera. Just none in the sim building.

Wow, how thrilled you must be. See what hog-hunting led to. You never know what fate throws up. Looking forward to the pix.

I'd be surprised if you were allowed to take any pictures when on base. Security is pretty tight.

only thing i've ever been told not to photograph on AFB's is tail flash and avionics. i've always just snapped cell phone pics though; never taken an actual camera on a military base.

Wow, how thrilled you must be. See what hog-hunting led to. You never know what fate throws up. Looking forward to the pix.

I forget how hard it is for people to find places to shoot. I can walk out my front door and shoot all day long. I love the military and try to get as many as I can a place to hunt through the year. This is the first time anything like this has been reciprocated. Very nice and very unexpected. Will be my first full motion sim and what a sim to start on.

One time I got in trouble from the Military Police for taking pictures of Navy ships from the other side of the fence on civilian property, they came around and said your not allowed to take pictures of the Navy....Only issue I had was the Navy had put up Christmas Lights and decorated the ships in a competition, so that was why I was taking the pictures. So I remember saying back to the Military Police, If you can't take pictures of the ships, then why would you put Christmas Lights all over them? They were like, yea, we know, just don't take pictures of them....Military can be funny sometimes.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Well he was able to secure a photo pass for the flight line so that's an awesome deal. Ill be able to take all the pictures I want while touring the actual Bone and visit to the flight deck. Should be a great deal. Better deal is brothers couldn't go so the entire hour of stick time in the sim belongs to me!