Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

England update...not!

When a more than disappointed customer asked when the coastline of England was going to be improved, JV gave this reply:

"No plans to improve England substantially other than obvious landclass fixes many of which have been addressed in the two patches already. Sorry if that is not the answer you're expecting but the reality is that England is about as good as its going to get for now."

Given the stellar job they've done around every other coastline they've done, I find that very patronising.

I guess that means a bloody smoking chimney stack will remain in the middle of Chelmsford too. <_<  (we don't have a chimney stack, smoking or otherwise)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

There certainly appears to be a lot of beaches that have been 'eroded' in FTX England (and Wales)

Im not sure about this 'SIM 720' dev group yet that ORBX has hired.

I know they are new and its early days but the ENG and WALES releases dont quite seem upto the same lofty standards that have been set previously.

I just got SAK and it is superb. Exactly what I would expect.

England and Wales are very good, I just dont think they are quite as polished as other releases.

Maybe thats to do with my expectations as an expat as well more than anything? Who knows........

Hi Ron and Glen,

Something strange going on with the European ORBX team as England is well below the standards of many of those more knowledgeable with the lay of the land. I just uninstalled England and given JV's comments won't bother with it again as space on my FSX drive is limited.. SAK is indeed superb! I flew it several hours already!. Looks like I am getting back into simming again with both feet, after a little break.

Kind regards,

I agree about SAK. I've flown it with the coastlines in mind and they come up to the standard we've come to expect of Orbx. My feeling is that SAK was made by the pros...

Welcome back to your feet.

I guess that means a bloody smoking chimney stack will remain in the middle of Chelmsford too.  

lol... then Ron - I was looking on google maps where the smokestack appears to be in FSX - what is that large building next to BAE Systems (next building to the East) on Marconi Road (by "B1008")?  Is it a water treatment facility?

Is that the building adjacent the the railway line? No idea, but I dont think it's water treatment. I'll make a point of checking.

Is that the building adjacent the the railway line? No idea, but I dont think it's water treatment. I'll make a point of checking.

Wow Ron, you have 999 posts! Are you going to go for 1,000 soon?

Is that the building adjacent the the railway line?

Yes sir... with the six gigantic barrel-looking thingys.  

Thanks. -Rob

As soon as he answers this post.  :P

Certainly not! I'm not a post ho. :lol:

No idea, but I dont think it's water treatment.

I was able to get to street view.  Seems like an old factory.  But there is something there with a small stack just to the west of that green looking "pool".  Maybe that is why the big smoke stack.

Wow Ron,

You now have exactly 1,000 posts! How long are you going to keep that nice round even number? Are you going to start adding to it, or just enjoy the bliss of accomplishment for awhile?

Kind regards,

Wow Ron,

You now have exactly 1,000 posts! How long are you going to keep that nice round even number? Are you going to start adding to it, or just enjoy the bliss of accomplishment for awhile?

Kind regards,

You can't tempt me. I'm sticking on 1000

Doh!  doh.gif

I've posted several screen shots of the less than stellar aspects of England, such as the urban textures, roads and poor color correcting. If I can see it, I know they can. There are some hopeful signs that at least the coastlines may be improved, but am disappointed by the tendency to blow off anything negative about EU. Doubt I will purchase any more Euro stuff. Never had any complaints about AU or NA, great stuff.