Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Majestic Q400 website up and running

Guest BeaverDriver

There is a quick tutorial included with the plane, and I found it completely sufficient to follow even if it is a bit short in some parts I was able to figure what was missing on my own. Now, Majestic has said there is a much more in depth tutorial on the way, that has been finished for some time but final touches /proof reading is still required until they can release it, so ETA is few days.

Now, I wonder if you have even opened the "systems manual" included? It has more than enough information for anyone to learn the systems on the Dash-8 very well, and after most parts there's even green box "NORMAL OPERATION" which tells you how to use it in, surprise, normal operation. 

There is no need to resort to the goodwill of others, but that is how it goes nowadays. There's either too much information included in one PDF and too little in the other.  :rolleyes: (quick search in the manual takes you to the part that you usually are looking for and from there on you can educate yourself quite well without having to resort to asking on the forums) 

I guess where I'm trying to get at is that Majestic does provide all the information you need to fly this bird without having to read thousands of pages of systems that you wont really need to understand how to fly the bird. The current documentation provided with the plane isn't that rushed, but I do admit that it isn't suited for most entry-level simmers. (with addition of a well pictured, step by step flight I think even the most casual simmer can learn it, but will they?)

Sorry if I sound a bit blunt and I don't mean to be aggressive, but I wanted to make it clear that there is enough documentation to learn the plane without very detailed tutorial if you ARE patient. 

Oh Goodie! You sound like just the person I need to ask a question or two of as it seems you have this thing figured out pretty good, or are able to find answers with what we have been given. Here's the deal. I am going from Point A to Point D via high level airways. Now there is a discontinuity in the route in that HL"1" stops at Point B, and HL"2" goes from Point C to Point D. Due to distance, I cannot keep the signal from the VOR from Point B long enough to pick up the signal for the VOR at Point C. As such, I want to put in a waypoint in between using lat/long coordinates. I can find nothing in the tutorial on how to do this. Can you please give me the description on how this might be done (by the by, this does fall under "normal procedures" so I'm not asking anything that is not done fairly routinely RW).

Oh, and one other question if I might please. I had a route yesterday that had an ILS approach (front course) at the far end, but no STAR. Enroute I entered in the FAF for that approach (an NDB) and a crossing altitude of 2500 ft. Then I went and tried to enable the VNAV for this route so as to calculate the TOD for crossing this NDB fix at 2500 ft. No matter what I did (again, following the directions in the Tutorial and the full manual under the FMS section), I kept getting the message saying that "V/S too low" and it wouild kick me back out again. I was a couple of hundred miles from the crossing point. I have used the VNAV successfully on other flights, but all those had actual STAR's, so I know how to do the procedure when the route is set up the same in the tutorial, but there's nothing I can find that says how to do it if things aren't identical to the tutorial (which would be good to know since the STAR into YUL for the tutorial doesn't actually exist anymore from what I've heard, although I can't confirm that as I went to YHZ instead of YUL), or what that message means so I can figure out what I need to do differently. Can you give me a clue on that one too please?

Thanks very much!

.Hi just thought I check to how the P3d user are getting on with the majestic dash 400 in P3d ,I am having issues calibrating the saitek x52 throttles via the majestic utility,it does not seem to respond to any inputs from the joystick/throttles , please don't say use Fsuipc,I just cant understand or find a decent tutorial on it,but it still seems to fly well ,where do the P3d user go for support till they officially release the P3d versions