Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Majestic Q400 website up and running

This gets even more hilarious. I've just tried to contact Just Flight's Support regarding this rush-it-out-of-the-door as soon as possible to tap into those waiting for a certain T7 product, and their links go nowhere.

Bash me for saying it if you like, but I would put Just Flight on a level with Flight 1, as both offering excellent service: the best in the business.

So what if one place on the website still says they don't refund (they didn't used to)............. all that matters is that they will do your refunds. 

......compare that with your Simmarkets et al, where you wouldn't be getting any refund ... period!

Lord knows why you guys are getting refunds on this awesome bird;   is it not just that you haven't got her set up correctly yet? ....... the control surfaces and engine axis ranges, do need some very specific setting up, but one they're done, you're good to go.

Then again, there are always some who expect different things from a release, and when they don't get them, will want refunds.    I remember a similar couple of complainants wanting refunds when even the NGX was released.

Each to their own I guess....   but I bet you all re-purchase in the future. :wink:

Crikey, bit of an overly hostile reaction considering I have already confirmed that we are providing refunds for this download product.

There is no need to get frustrated, just drop us an e-mail and we'll clarify any issue that you have.

@@vc10man - I'm not sure that Majestic can be accused of rushing this product out of the door, its been in development and then beta for a long time. I don't think there is any correlation between the release and the T7.

@ - Thanks for the positive feedback. We have a very hard working support team that do offer excellent service. Unfortunately you can't please everyone all of the time ^_^

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

Anyone else have this "jumping bean" aircraft on the runway or at the gate?  I installed it in P3D with the estonia tool.

I think a little patients could a long way here...

The plane was released on a weekend -  the reg server crapped out. So the team work ungodly hours, including sunday lets not forget -  a day of rest.

Whilst this is happening they have kept us all in the loop...multiple updates within hours of eachother telling us whats going on there end.

Cant ask for much more...Its just an unfortunate thing to happen.

Saying it was rushed...you OBVIOSLY didnt follow the pre release build up.

Saying it was rushed...you OBVIOSLY didnt follow the pre release build up.

If it was not 'rushed', then why, obviously, was more time not spent putting out a tutorial that was easy to follow without having to resort to the goodwill of others to put in the same kind of effort that ought to have been coming from the developer in the first instance?

You enjoy it, good for you. Stick with it, that's your choice.

If it was not 'rushed', then why, obviously, was more time not spent putting out a tutorial that was easy to follow without having to resort to the goodwill of others to put in the same kind of effort that ought to have been coming from the developer in the first instance?

Okay so you don't own the a/c anymore, or have given up despite all of us helping you fix the user error problems you were having. Why are you back here again then?

Was I angry at PMDG when I had to pay more money to Angle of Attack to get the proper procedures and a better understanding of how the aircraft operated? No, of course not. Was I ###### and complaining all over the forums demanding a refund when the NGX had some bugs and not a good tutorial? No of course not. Was I calling out PMDG for rushing out a product because of those problems? No, so have some class.

There is a quick tutorial included with the plane, and I found it completely sufficient to follow even if it is a bit short in some parts I was able to figure what was missing on my own. Now, Majestic has said there is a much more in depth tutorial on the way, that has been finished for some time but final touches /proof reading is still required until they can release it, so ETA is few days.

Now, I wonder if you have even opened the "systems manual" included? It has more than enough information for anyone to learn the systems on the Dash-8 very well, and after most parts there's even green box "NORMAL OPERATION" which tells you how to use it in, surprise, normal operation. 

There is no need to resort to the goodwill of others, but that is how it goes nowadays. There's either too much information included in one PDF and too little in the other.  :rolleyes: (quick search in the manual takes you to the part that you usually are looking for and from there on you can educate yourself quite well without having to resort to asking on the forums) 

I guess where I'm trying to get at is that Majestic does provide all the information you need to fly this bird without having to read thousands of pages of systems that you wont really need to understand how to fly the bird. The current documentation provided with the plane isn't that rushed, but I do admit that it isn't suited for most entry-level simmers. (with addition of a well pictured, step by step flight I think even the most casual simmer can learn it, but will they?)

Sorry if I sound a bit blunt and I don't mean to be aggressive, but I wanted to make it clear that there is enough documentation to learn the plane without very detailed tutorial if you ARE patient. 

I guess where I'm trying to get at is that Majestic does provide all the information you need to fly this bird without having to read thousands of pages of systems that you wont really need to understand how to fly the bird. The current documentation provided with the plane isn't that rushed, but I do admit that it isn't suited for most entry-level simmers. (with addition of a well pictured, step by step flight I think even the most casual simmer can learn it, but will they?)

Very true.  The systems manual, while not quite at the hand holding level I myself need for a few things (FMC & VNAV), is very detailed and explanatory of most everything you need to actually fly the plane.  With a quick read through and having the pdf open on another monitor, I was able to manage fine and I do consider myself to be an entry-level simmer when it comes to a more complex simulation such as this.

The automated portions of flight seems more challenging to learn, but I bought the plane fully expecting it to be something I would have to learn!

But, everyone has their own opinions and are welcome to them!  I myself, having been enjoying my time spent immensely.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The Q400 is a nice middle ground; not as complex as the PMDG 737 to set up and program, though it involves similar challenges (mainly FMC), and you can also fly it casually by hand if you want to leave learning the FMC and AP systems for later.

Anyone getting their confirmation email for the support forum? I have tried 3 or 4 times but nothing coming through - I host my own email so it's not being trapped by a spam filter and other email is coming through fine.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Anyone getting their confirmation email for the support forum? I have tried 3 or 4 times but nothing coming through - I host my own email so it's not being trapped by a spam filter and other email is coming through fine.

I had the issue and sent and email to support.  Oleksiy had me manually activated within 1/2 day or so . . .

Joe Lorenc