Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

I've lost my Dad

Guest cloud_tiger

My Dads gone. He died on Sunday morning with no warning. I loved him so much and will miss him more than anything. I feel like my hearts going to burst.He never visited these forums but he was a massive flight sim fan. He would spend hours and hours on the pc. Much more dedicated than me. He learned all the about navigation and really loved the UK VFR Scenery and Gary Summers UK airports.It

Guest Edam

My condolences. I've "been there" and know how it is.

Guest lamont

Hi Nick,I'm very sorry to hear of your lost and even though I don't know you personally my prayers will go out to you and your family.

Nick,I know entirely how you feel, I lost my loving father back in April of this year and miss him sorely.Things do get better over time I am told, so for now I just remember the good times I had with him.My deepest sympathies.Drayton

Guest progrmr

I am very sorry to hear this. One thing I've learned - your Dad will NEVER die in your heart. You have the memories of your life and experiences with him, and death can never take that away.My condolences and prayers to you and your family in this difficult time.

Guest sb55mv

Hello Nick,I too do not know you, but you're words got to me in a big way, I couldn't help but start to fill up,and even get to the stage where I was almost tearful, I lost my father some ten years ago now, but I still feel his presence in most everything that I do,some say they never did, but I do. as others have said, you never ever loose that persons presence from you're heart.but it is true, when you see the earthly belongings that were once theirs, it all comes back with a massive thump, kind of like someone taking the biggest sledgehammer in the world to you're heart.I feel for you and you're family with the up most heartfelt condolences and sympathies in this troubled and sad time.things do get better with time, this I was told so many times by so many well meaning people, but alas it never really got to the point where I did not think of him daily.take it day by day Nick, and try to keep you're chin up.I'd like to think that our parent's go to the best place possible, wherever it may be.Steve.

Guest Toni Rauch

NickWith such a moving tribute, your father must have been truly proud of his son.He's gone, but the cherished memories you have will keep him alive forever.My heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this most difficult time.Toni.

Guest Henri W

Nick,I am very sorry to hear that you lost your father. I know how you feel, since I lost my father three weeks ago. I too miss my dad so much. He was the one who long ago took me to a glider field and had my take sail plane lessons. I am sure you will keep enjoying the good memories you have of your father.Regards,Henri

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Nick,The loss of ones parent/parents is one of the heaviest burdens a child, (adult or young) can bare. The words you spoke of your father, and his love for our hobby, are felt by all of us. We can but only take a moment, to share your pain, and express our deepest sympathies . . . and for time to eventualy heal the wounds of loosing a loved one. My father was an aviator, who flew in WWII. He never talked much about his combat experiences, but someday, perhaps, we'll have that conversation. There is always something we wanted to say or do which remained undone or unspoken. That is the way of life, and death and it eventualy happens to all of us.On the brighter side of all of this, if one believes there is something after 'this life', which most of us, regardless of our religious beliefs, DO Believe, then I can only wish your father now is in the left seat of his favorite aircraft, telling the 'Big' ATC up there he's ready to 'kick the tires and light the fires'.My regards and prayers are offered for you and yours in this time of sorrow. Carry on Sir, I am positive, your father is most proud of his son.Clayton T.Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

What a fine son. What a fine dad.Not only do you remind all of us, who have lost our "dads", what a special place they hold in our hearts, but you more importantly remind those who still have the joy of having their dad here on earth, just how important it is to say "I love you Dad!"I bet a lot of fathers are going to be pleasantly surprised over the next few days.Cheers and condolences,Braun Tacon

Guest mike_cyul

Been there, too. Sincerest condolences. Makes you realize that everything is temporary, and to make the most out of everything, and above all to appreciate the people you have around you, every single day.All the best,Mike F.

Guest jaapverduijn

Nick and Henri, there's nothing I can say that will diminish the pain for you. I can only let you know that my sympathy goes out to you, and that you both will remember your dads for many years to come as friends who shared and/or introduced you to the love of flying, be it sim or real life. Cherish the memories. Right now they will make you cry and feel sad, but eventually the time will come that they will make you smile and feel happy. I wish you all good things in the world.Jaap Verduijn.

So sorry for you Nick.May God bless your Dad's soul and give you and your family strength and peace in your hearts.I've been there when I was 13 years old.Your Dad had a lot of chance to have a son like you.very sincerelyDavid in Jerusalem

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.