Sign in to follow this  
gura75

Takeoff/Go-around switch (to/ga)

Hi

Will the push of (to/ga) switch/button command the autopilot to fly a missed approach pattern if in fmc?

-Geir

Will the push of (to/ga) switch/button command the autopilot to fly a missed approach pattern if in fmc?

I take it you are talking about the 777? I'm pretty sure that will happen.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I take it you are talking about the 777? I'm pretty sure that will happen.

737-XXX NGX PMDGs

737-XXX NGX PMDGs

To avoid similar confusion in the future, since you're posting about the NGX, you should post in the NGX subforum.  That's why it's there.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm sorry about that. Can moderator move this topic to NGX subforum?

-Geir

I'm sorry about that. Can moderator move this topic to NGX subforum?

-Geir

Not a big deal.  I just figured I'd let you know to save you from explaining it next time.

As far as your answer goes, I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't want to answer without knowing all of the facts.

Kyle Rodgers

And the answer is yes. If you push TO/GA whilst on finals the A/T will command TOGA power whilst the A/P will command both roll and vertical modes into a missed approach (ie pitch to maintain climb to first alt constraint and LNAV will automatically switch the missed approach proceedure)

And the answer is yes. If you push TO/GA whilst on finals the A/T will command TOGA power whilst the A/P will command both roll and vertical modes into a missed approach (ie pitch to maintain climb to first alt constraint and LNAV will automatically switch the missed approach proceedure)

I would add a few conditions.

The Autothrottle will command TOGA power if it is armed or active, and the Flight Director will command a Roll (wings level or Heading depending on customer options) and Vertical Modes (Similar to the Takeoff vertical mode) if the Flight director is armed.

If the Autopilot command is engaged it will follow the Flight Director. if it is not, you should control the aircraft and/or engage Autopilot.

If you have the flight director off and the Autothrottle disconnected and not armed, then all you will get is the TOGA thrust marker on the N1 display (green mark at new N1 limit).

If the Autopilot command is engaged it will follow the Flight Director. if it is not, you should control the aircraft and/or engage Autopilot.

This is incorrect- only if you are in a dual channel mode (CMD or CATIII autoland) will the autopilot follow the FD cues for pitch and roll in the go around. Otherwise, the autopilot will simply shut off at the press of TOGA and it'll be all up to you to follow the FD cues haha.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

This is incorrect- only if you are in a dual channel mode (CMD or CATIII autoland) will the autopilot follow the FD cues for pitch and roll in the go around. Otherwise, the autopilot will simply shut off at the press of TOGA and it'll be all up to you to follow the FD cues haha.

Ahhh that explains it! I just use CMD B on CAT1 approaches, I went to go missed approach and AP didn't follow the FD's! I'll remember to always arm both AP's then.

On NGX you'll have to activate LNAV manually for that.