Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ferdn

Radar Contact Atc Chatter Stops Working In Flight

Hey there everyone! I'm new to the Avsim forums.

On a flight from Manila to Los Angeles, after leaving Manila Airspace, I was being handed to Oakland Oceanic from Naha control and everything was fine until my ATC Chatter falls silent as soon as I was handed to another controller in Oakland Oceanic for the third or fourth time, approximately 2000 nautical miles from Los Angeles. I tune in to Los Angeles Center, Approach, Tower, and then Ground. I can't hear any ATC Chatter. I still hear the pilot, controllers, and other pilots but I don't hear the pre-recorded chatter. I checked the "usa" folder and verified the chatter files are still present. I've tried disabling and enabling pre-recorded chatter in-flight but still no luck. On my return flight back to Manila, everything was fine including Los Angeles. I have Radar Contact v4.3 and also tried rebuilding the scenery database but still no luck. Can someone be willing to help me with this problem?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i3-2330M Processor 2.20 GHz

Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit

2 GB RAM

320 GB Hard Disk Space

Intel HD Graphics 3000

if you are 2000 miles from LA, you're not geographically in the USA, so the pre-recorded chatters for the USA isn't going to play. the pre-recorded chatter is for the geographic location you're at, not the frequency you're tuned to. but if you were flying through an oceanic zone that had pre-recorded chatter, and you were tuned to the right frequency, you would hear it.

jd

Thanks for the reply jd, but how about the issue once I reach Los Angeles? This has never happened before. I would always hear Oakland Oceanic chatter and the chatter still doesn't work as soon as I contact Los Angeles center.

P.S. You have a really great program jd. Radar Contact completely transformed the way I fly.