Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

If you could bring an aircraft back into production...

If you could bring an aircraft out of production back into production what would it be? I would bring the DC-9 back into production.

Guest Icelandic_Canadian

The BAe 146/Avro RJ/Avro RJ-X for sure :)Local Air is Better Air- www.hawkair.ca

This question is tailor made for the best aircraft built in the last 50 years. It would have to be the Concord(e). 35 years on and there is still nothing yet on the drawing boards that can match its elegance, and pace.

Guest Delta_747

The L-1011.

Guest Grey_Wolf

The Beech Staggerwing. Maybe updated with modern GA technology. cant beat style :)

Guest IanP

DHC-2 Beaver... But rumours abound that it is about to!!! :-hahIan P.:-halo

Really?:-eek That would be AWESOME! I'd love to see new DHC-2s. They should put the DHC-7(Dash 7) back into production too.

Guest Squitters

Neat question..:DLuv too see a Hawker Siddeley Trident in BEA colours fly again......:9Steve

Guest The Ancient Brit

I will vote for the Vickers Viscount. It was an elegant aircraft with amongst many attractive touches those beautiful oval windows (the shape known as the Weybridge Oval). I might be prejudiced in my choice however, having spent twenty years at the BAe Weybridge plant (formerly the Vickers plant).Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Fokker F-VII. First successful purpose designed airliner in the world and most successful commercial aircraft of the 1920s with well over 200 delivered.

More than just rumors...it's true. This was announced a couple of months ago. The Beaver and either the Otter or Twin Otter (I can't remember which) type certificates have been purchased by a canadian company who has stated they will resume production. I don't have a link for this information, but it was in several publications (internet and print) when the news was made public.