Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

If you could bring an aircraft back into production...

If you could bring an aircraft out of production back into production what would it be? I would bring the DC-9 back into production.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The BAe 146/Avro RJ/Avro RJ-X for sure :)Local Air is Better Air- www.hawkair.ca

This question is tailor made for the best aircraft built in the last 50 years. It would have to be the Concord(e). 35 years on and there is still nothing yet on the drawing boards that can match its elegance, and pace.

The Beech Staggerwing. Maybe updated with modern GA technology. cant beat style :)

DHC-2 Beaver... But rumours abound that it is about to!!! :-hahIan P.:-halo

Really?:-eek That would be AWESOME! I'd love to see new DHC-2s. They should put the DHC-7(Dash 7) back into production too.

Neat question..:DLuv too see a Hawker Siddeley Trident in BEA colours fly again......:9Steve

I will vote for the Vickers Viscount. It was an elegant aircraft with amongst many attractive touches those beautiful oval windows (the shape known as the Weybridge Oval). I might be prejudiced in my choice however, having spent twenty years at the BAe Weybridge plant (formerly the Vickers plant).Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Fokker F-VII. First successful purpose designed airliner in the world and most successful commercial aircraft of the 1920s with well over 200 delivered.

More than just rumors...it's true. This was announced a couple of months ago. The Beaver and either the Otter or Twin Otter (I can't remember which) type certificates have been purchased by a canadian company who has stated they will resume production. I don't have a link for this information, but it was in several publications (internet and print) when the news was made public.

I remember reading it somewhere, but couldn't remember where so I couldn't state it as fact... It wasn't AvWeb was it? (I'll check that shortly.)Anyway, hopefully all three - especially as far as the Canadian and Alaskan Bush Pilots would be concerned... I get the feeling that they loathe the idea of having to cannibalise other aircraft to keep their current ones going. They'd jump at the option of new builds to park in odd places! :-hahIan P.:-halo

without a doubt the Ju-52... it's a sweet looking aircraft on the interior as well as exterior... it has a bad reputation as for what it was used for during WWII, but I look at it as a passenger aircraft... because of a political mess, it never really got a good chance to earn world-wide fame.

DC-10PS: NWA Airbus, what airbus do you use in NWA colors?

Three. First, The L-1011. Technically superior to the DC-10. Yes, engine maintenance on the tail engine was a pain, but at least all the thrust was on one plane. Several DC-10 drivers I know said the DC-10's had a habit of pitching forward because of the tail engine.Second, The Lockheed Constellation. The Connie is the most distinctive and beautiful of all of the turbo prop designs. Her graceful lines, the beautifly tri-tail. Georgeous. Drop Dead Georgeous Finally, the 727. In my opinion the most beautiful and distinctive of all modern jets. Is there any real distinction with the 737, 777, 767, 757, A-300? Nope. All the charm on a wind tunnel.Yet the 727 has the most beautiful lines. From it's T-Tail to the distinctive Swept Wing. This bird was a real charmer. The tail engine gave it so much extra power than the DC-9's so that you weren't scared of going off the runway during takeoff. I grew up flying in 727's and still love them.

Just my .02 - the Focke-Wulf 200 Condor...or the JU52.Regards,ScottKJMS

The 152 would be great. There also needs to be a nice cabin class twin like the cessna 421 or P-Navajo.

I would have to agree with the DC3, what a neat plane to see in the skies :9

I'd go with the MD11. I always thought it looked leaner than its older brother the DC10 (although I guess that may have been the livery). The highlight of my planespotting day at Vancouver used to be the arrival of the KLM MD11 from Amsterdam. It was *by far* the prettiest aircraft to regularly fly into Vancouver. It was a sad day when they replaced it with a B767-300. The tragic Swissair 111 accident followed by Boeing's decision to buy it's only American competitor and then basically shut it down pretty much sealed it's fate. I've always believed that the MD11 didn't get a fair shake.For a second choice, I'd go with the B727. Unfortunately, updating it with turbofan engines would have spoiled its lines. Hopefully the cargo outfits that are still using them will be able to keep them in the skies for a long time. I don't care how noisy they are!Anybody else ever wonder why freight gets three engines but most of the 'self-loading' cargo only gets two?Cheers GW