Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Engine proportion/size wrong?

@ I think in those pictures the engine sizes do appear practically the same. You needn't worry - I think pmdg would get something as obvious as the engine cowling size correct. It is just an illusion.

Hey pmdg, the airplane you are making isn't real. Can you fix this problem too? If you could that would be great.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Come off it mate the model is fine!, I'm sure ppl like to pick just to make out they know more that someone else.

Paul

*than

It really surprises me that people can't figure out the differences that lighting, shadows and angles can do to a picture, let alone a shot of a real  t7 with lots of lighting and shadows on it and your trying to compare it to a 3d object inside a flight simulator, give your head a shake or give it a rest.

And exactly you will be the persons, who will complain about this after the release... :rolleyes:

So it is better to fix it up now, if it is still possible, because on this comparison shot, it is clearly visible, that the engines seem or are too long. Sorry to say... :mellow:

EXACTLY!!! At this comparison shot we can see that the engines of the PMDG 777 are slightly too long or slightly too thin...! It has nothing to do with the viewpoint or the lights...

I can´t understand why some people joking about me, because it´s my opinion that these engines looking slightly too long or too thin. Maybe i´m wrong but it would be nice if PMDG give me a statement about this...! MAYBE, i´m right

I do think they are a little bit on the "long" side, starting to look a bit like the Trent 800's  :blink:

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

We can check the engine size on release! Put the NGX fuselage inside its mammoth engines ;)

Greg Marshall

Windows 10 x64 | i7-6700K Skylake 4.2 GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz | 750W PSU | GTX 970 4GB | Asus Z170 PRO Gaming Motherboard | H80i V2 CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Silencio 652S Case | Asus 23" Frameless Full HD Monitor | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD for OS & 2TB Seagate HDD for FSX            

Okay boys....  Everyone just take a deep breath and relax....

What you guys are seeing is known as spherical aberration created by the external view camera in FSX...  (google that if you don't know and are extremely bored.)

I know it is far more fun to run with something silly and mark up a bunch of screen shots with MS paint- but believe it or not- this is not a guessing game for us.  We are working with certified engineering documents that are used in the design/build of the actual airplane, manufacture of parts, etc.  We do not estimate the size of things.  We not guess if something "looks about right."  We go into tens of thousands of pages of documentation and find out what the specifications are before we model it.

For example, we can tell you the dimensions of the engine to the 1/1000th of an inch...  And yes- we model the airplane to that level of accuracy.

Just for kicks- we asked Jason to compare our cowling's master dimensions to the engineering specification and found that you were indeed correct.  We were off by 3/100ths of an inch vertically....  (His food ration has been reduced as an incentive for him to improve...)

So...  Put away the McPaint program...  Take a few deep breaths...   And when in doubt just remember that we know what we are doing.  We aren't a bunch of teenagers playing with Mc3DModel after school...

<_<

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com