Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Odgers

Triple 7 200er,300er,200lr and F

Hi PMDG,

So excited about the up and coming T7 product. Just a thought but I personally think that if you develop the 200ER as well as an expansion on top of what you have planned I think that should be enough of the T7 variants you don't need to include the normal 200+300 models and the difference in fuel logic and engines as if there aren't any noticeable differences between the ER models and normal models. If people want to do shorter flights then the ER models are able to accommodate. I just want your development time to be better spent in terms of T7, DC6 and 747v2!

Kind Regards

Duncan

If I'm not mistaken, they've already finished the modelling on every 777. It was just the systems part that has to be done - also the -300's camera's were said to be modelled. It's not like they have one team working on one thing only ha. The 747 2.0 was half way through development in January, wouldn't mind betting it's visually nearly done by the 747 team.

Hi PMDG,

So excited about the up and coming T7 product. Just a thought but I personally think that if you develop the 200ER as well as an expansion on top of what you have planned I think that should be enough of the T7 variants you don't need to include the normal 200+300 models and the difference in fuel logic and engines as if there aren't any noticeable differences between the ER models and normal models. If people want to do shorter flights then the ER models are able to accommodate. I just want your development time to be better spent in terms of T7, DC6 and 747v2!

Kind Regards

Duncan

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm Telling PMDG what to like that could get you in hot water

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There aren't major systems differences between the different versions. The 200ER introduces multiple engine variants which is an issue. There is a legitimate demand for the 200ER because there are so many in service with a wide variety of airlines. Sure, the longer range versions can fly all the routes, but if you are interested in realism you will want to fly those routes with the models and airline which actually fly those routes.

The versions I'm interested in are the 200ER and 300ER, neither of which will be in the initial release, sadly.

ki9cAAb.jpg

There aren't major systems differences between the different versions. The 200ER introduces multiple engine variants which is an issue. There is a legitimate demand for the 200ER because there are so many in service with a wide variety of airlines. Sure, the longer range versions can fly all the routes, but if you are interested in realism you will want to fly those routes with the models and airline which actually fly those routes.

The versions I'm interested in are the 200ER and 300ER, neither of which will be in the initial release, sadly.

I feel ya. I really want the 200/300ER variants. In particular the 200ER. Real routes, real aircraft types. Hope this is eventually produced and we don't have to wait too long.

Peter

Based on post's from Ryan and Robert I get the feeling they will model the 200er. Been selfish I wish they will model the non ER 300. Why? Because I had the most comfortable flight ever on one last year.

If they've done the 200ER and the 300ER the 300 should be very straightforward to produce. However I wonder whether their limited resources, switched to new projects, will mean that further expansions will drift into the distance and get sidelined and then forgotten. However much they may want to do a 200ER, it will be the second expansion after the initial release. So far the NGX has only had one expansion pack. The other versions talked about are all in a lengthening queue. Same happened with the J41 SP2, it was going to happen, then was postponed till after the NGX, now cancelled.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I guess I just think the 200ER, 300ER, 200LR and F will give us simmers everything we need

Duncan

I agree, *if* they all get made.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Why do you need a smaller version when you can do (or get the bibber version). We want a large a/c (heavy) not a small one.

Why do you need a smaller version when you can do (or get the bibber version). We want a large a/c (heavy) not a small one.

Using that limited logic, PMDG only needed to simulate the 737-900, not the smaller versions. You are getting the long range version with the big engines. Some of us like to fly with a bit more realism, so there is a need for the (relatively) shorter range versions. It really isn't just all about having the biggest and most powerful version. Please don't use the word "we" when you don't speak for everyone.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Using that limited logic, PMDG only needed to simulate the 737-900, not the smaller versions. You are getting the long range version with the big engines. Some of us like to fly with a bit more realism, so there is a need for the (relatively) shorter range versions. It really isn't just all about having the biggest and most powerful version. Please don't use the word "we" when you don't speak for everyone.

Yes I agree. It is important to fly with realism. That's why I fly A-320, A-330, and 767, MD-11, and so on. Oh My Gut! I didn't realize I mentioned your name in my post! Oh My Gut !

When I mentioned 'we' I was referring to my Anaconda and myself, not you! So, please learn to read and then come back, ok deer? Thank you, deer! :lol:

Yes I agree. It is important to fly with realism. That's why I fly A-320, A-330, and 767, MD-11, and so on. Oh My Gut! I didn't realize I mentioned your name in my post! Oh My Gut !

When I mentioned 'we' I was referring to my Anaconda and myself, not you! So, please learn to read and then come back, ok deer? Thank you, deer! :lol:

Had you mentioned your anaconda in the post then I would indeed be apologising to you. As it is I think you need to learn a bit of internet forum etiquette.

ki9cAAb.jpg