Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Peters a380

Great. Thanks for all the input. Greatly appreciated!

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Lol, is this X plane only? I thought he also had FSX airplanes.

Overpriced too lol.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Lol, is this X plane only? I thought he also had FSX airplanes.

Overpriced too lol.

I felt the same way until I bought it.......I would have paid even over $100 for this payware now that I flew it.

.I would have paid even over $100 for this payware now that I flew it.

Absolutely!

This plane is absolutely AMAZING! It's the only thing I've been flying all week.

I fired up my A320 NEO last night from JARDesign and even though it has more systems modeled Peter's A380 still feels much nicer to fly, this is particularly noticeable when passing acceleration height where the A320 NEO always seems to completely level off to increase speed to 250KIAS, this also happens when passing 10000ft which doesn't seem realistic to me.

Only problem I have is with the COM1 radio. I can't seem to get it to work at all even after following the instructions, it just keeps bringing up the 'File Flight Plan' option on the menu no matter what frequency I enter. At first I thought it was just the A380 but it also happens in the A320 NEO as well so not sure what happened to mess up the radios in my X-Plane install...

This plane is absolutely AMAZING! It's the only thing I've been flying all week.

I fired up my A320 NEO last night from JARDesign and even though it has more systems modeled Peter's A380 still feels much nicer to fly, this is particularly noticeable when passing acceleration height where the A320 NEO always seems to completely level off to increase speed to 250KIAS, this also happens when passing 10000ft which doesn't seem realistic to me.

Only problem I have is with the COM1 radio. I can't seem to get it to work at all even after following the instructions, it just keeps bringing up the 'File Flight Plan' option on the menu no matter what frequency I enter. At first I thought it was just the A380 but it also happens in the A320 NEO as well so not sure what happened to mess up the radios in my X-Plane install...

COM1 will be fixed in patch but I think it works in 2D.  Set it in 2D then press "1" on numpad to go back to 3D VC.  Peter sent out emails regarding the com1 bug.

FIVE-BY-FIVE, on 17 May 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

COM1 will be fixed in patch but I think it works in 2D. Set it in 2D then press "1" on numpad to go back to 3D VC. Peter sent out emails regarding the com1 bug.

Yes I did get his email but my radio won't work in either 2D or 3D. No matter what freq I put in it always just comes up with 'File Flight Plan' on the menu.

Now it's happening in my A320 NEO so I think it might be a weird XP issue but have no idea how it came about...

*EDIT* - I've just read up on the ATC and radios guide on the X-Plane site and found that the 'file flight plan' option is always there and you have to do it first before anything else. Problem is I've always been able to tune to ATIS fine without having to file a plan with ATC until now.

• Upvote 1

I felt the same way until I bought it.......I would have paid even over $100 for this payware now that I flew it.

+1000

Thank you! Much appreciated! Will start reading at once.

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Got it!

Have just had the time for a couple of short flights. I sure hope Peter will release updates fixing SID/STAR capabilities. It's a real nice performer.

However I am not so sure it usurps the throne of my 777. 

Richard

Well, keep posting... I have to make a choice, c'us I can buy only one :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, keep posting... I have to make a choice, c'us I can buy only one :-/

Well, I would say as it stands now, the 777 wins. It has an excellent FMC and flying SID/STARS are an absolute joy. Sure, this can be done with the A380 using UFMC but it just doesn't feel right. The 3D VC feels totally superior in the 777. One can "feel the weight" better in the 777 - for example. If I just give a tad bit of throttle the response in the A380 is almost immediate. This doesn't feel quite right in a bird of hundreds of tonnes. The sense of inertia is better in the 777. The 777 has checklists and PA-announcements build in (such a nice touch). Well.. it feels like the list goes on and on. 

I might be premature in my conclusions as I have lots of hours in the 777 and just a couple in the A380. But something teels me that the 777 will continue to be my favourite. 

Richard