Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Video of Stunning New Zealand Freeware Scenery

Here is a video I made this evening to showcase the magnificant New Zealand freeware scenery created by Alpilotx downloadable from his website: http://www.alpilotx.net/

In this video I fly the Carenado Centurion CT210M II from Milford Sound to Queenstown, New Zealand. The aiport I arrive at in Queenstown was created by the equally talented Chris K downloadable from the x-plane.org website.

I recommend you watch my video on youtube itself in full HD. Please click to watch. For some reason I cannot embed the link normally from youtube. Please click the link to play. It took me 30 minutes just to get my avsim post to accept this link. For some bizzare reason, only youtube links are not showing up when I post. Anyway enjoy

reason I made the video was to finally show off X-plane during the daytime and how good it can look! It's not only good for night flights! It's add-ons like this both freeware and payware that keep me coming back each day to X-plane 10!<br />

Cheers

Steve

Please give the link! I am curious to see how you "see" my scenery B) ...

Please give the link! I am curious to see how you "see" my scenery ...

Something absolutely crazy going on here. I paste the link in the edit window of my post and it just shows up blank when I post. When I go back into edit mode, the link is there. I'm trying everything to get it to appear. I have never had this problem before. I'll keep trying! Bizarre.

Edit: Working now in the original post. I have no idea why the link won't show up when I post. I had to paste into Word and then paste it back out. Strange. Anyway I hope you like the video!

YouTube links on avsim have been faulty the past few days✌

But it works now

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Already seen it thanks to being subscribed to you on youtube  B)  Keep up the good work!

Now I have to go revisit New Zealand, brb

YouTube links on avsim have been faulty the past few days✌

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

That would explain it then. Wow, I was pulling my hair out thinking my computer has some weird virus!! At least I managed to post it as a link in the end with the workaround I mentioned.

Nice video B) !The "music" is a bit monotone :lol: , but the visuals are (ok, I am not unbiased) great ...

not bad at all. Are those xp10 clouds. The way they hung on the mountains looked really nice. Not sure what is used to take a video but even @ 720 it was pretty jerky.

Bob

not bad at all. Are those xp10 clouds. The way they hung on the mountains looked really nice. Not sure what is used to take a video but even @ 720 it was pretty jerky.

Yes, these are X-plane clouds. To be honest, they look best when they are low, especially in mountainous regions so that you can't see the horizon. I really think Laminar need to improve this. Not sure why the video was jerky. My fps whilst not superb are not slow either. Strange. Soon I will be updating my graphics card and possibly my CPU to Haswell (depending on how impressive it is compared with my i7 920 3.8ghz). Hopefully this will improve my FPS :rolleyes:

Laminar need to improve this

I have a hunch someone else might be doing it for them... :wink:

I have a hunch someone else might be doing it for them...

Tim and his team by any chance :P ?

If REX get involved in X-plane 10, it will be a crowning achievement for X-plane 10. REX are the greatest add-on company in the simulation business in my opinion. I haven't seen such great and honest customer support and generousity anywhere else as I have seen in REX. Tim seems like a really great person and it would be brilliant if he and his team could use their talents on X-plane 10. I believe it would transform the sim.

Steve, Tim is an artist. X-Plane is his new canvas. He will wow the gallery, of that you can be certain.

Great video and scenery

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I have a hunch someone else might be doing it for them... :wink:

Steve, Tim is an artist. X-Plane is his new canvas. He will wow the gallery, of that you can be certain.

You're using quite confident language. Do you know something we don't or is it just a hunch?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea