Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

NO 320Knots TAS

So after my normal new airplane air trials I cant seem to get this airplane to 320 TAS....

I did a test tonight by the book....

ISA+5

27,000ft

Aprox. 6500 at FL

Chart says TRQ111% - 318TAS - FF62.9gph

I was wide open throttle @ TRQ108% - 292TAS - FF61gph

And i have not been able to to produce anywhere near 320TAS as of yet....... Has anyone noticed a problem with this flight model?

These numbers aren't even close? Is this even the right specs they list for the TBM?

<p>Bert...yes I do...with rpm@2,000 and TRQ@121%...yet am only able to attain 290TAS@FL260 ISA

...are you saying that you're able to achieve 320TAS in this plane?, if so something strange is going on :-)

PS - I'm also constantly over proper ITT temp ranges. (im always over 1,000 after takeoff, meanwhile red line should be 840)

***EDIT - something tells me the ITT gauge is improperly reading in Farenheit instead of Celcius, lol

I am going to take a screen shot on the flight i am about to take......

I am in the "820" setting but she runs out of steam at around 290 TAS...... By the book chart, I should be at 316-318 TAS

Small aircraft.cfg edits and she gets close..  10% boost..

[propeller]
thrust_scalar           = 1.1

[turboprop_engine]
power_scalar            = 1.1

26,000 feet, 21 knots tailwind..

Bert

looks like the miffed it... lol.. I get the same numbers, but we all should as thats what they modeled!

"Carenado-isms"

Thanks Bert for the fix, maybe they can change it in the standard issue patch.

Small aircraft.cfg edits and she gets close..  10% boost..

[propeller]

thrust_scalar           = 1.1

[turboprop_engine]

power_scalar            = 1.1

26,000 feet, 21 knots tailwind..

Howdy Bert --- well, I broke down and got the 850 to tinker with. Regardless of all the moans and groans about it, turns out to be a pretty nice turbo "runabout".

Since the early days of FSX, a number of my planes end up with two versions of the aircraft.cfg file. One for stock reference and flying (if it does a proper job) and one usually for extended flight ops.

Well, I went to work on a second version for the 850 and it was not difficult to "fix" the speed issue and add a bit of distance improvement at the same time. The model lends itself well to some serious tweaking and comes out looking like it should with some enhanced fuel capacity and altitude capability. So I can verify that if someone enjoys tinkering as I do, they can do some nice little enhancements to the 850 and be pleased with the results.

If I had my druthers, it would be nice to see Carenado offer both a glass and a steam gauge (plus RXP) panel option with such a plane where the pilot could choose.

Anyway enjoying the 850 and I do like the enhanced turboprop sounds that Carenado has FINALLY added --- :wink:

Cheers,  Bob  :Big Grin:

The model lends itself well to some serious tweaking and comes out looking like it should with some enhanced fuel capacity and altitude capability. So I can verify that if someone enjoys tinkering as I do, they can do some nice little enhancements to the 850 and be pleased with the results.

So... since we are into sharing here - what are the changes that you made?

Bert

So... since we are into sharing here - what are the changes that you made?

Hiya Guys --- OK, here is what I have tweaked so far, and these are NOT optimized yet, but are a first jump at pushing the sim in the direction I am shooting for.....

cruise_lift_scalar     = 1.19

parasite_drag_scalar   = 0.93

thrust_scalar           = 1.28

gear_reduction_ratio    = 16.50

power_scalar            = 1.18

LeftMain = -1, -4, -1, 200.5, 3.5

RightMain = -1, 4, -1, 200.5, 3.5

I think that a plane that can cruise at about 325 Kts should have some endurance to use that speed to advantage. That is why I wanted to bump up the fuel capacity with fictional tanks. The added lift efficiency of the wings allowing this and also provides for more fuel efficient cruise at FL300. Still have some more fine tuning to do, but at least this is a first step in moving the performance closer to both the "real" model, and my extended-range fictional version B)  ---- have not even studied the *.air file yet, if at all.

Cheers --- Bob  :P

SP1 fixes speed issue, but does not include the Apollmaker Hot Rod Package :blink:

SP1 fixes speed issue, but does not include the Apollmaker Hot Rod Package :blink:

Hello Hawk --- no, and it won't. :P  Yep, a number of things were "fixed" and improved. The SP1 is a definite plus. Thanks to all the guys on the Carenado team for getting it much closer --- !!!