Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

Has anybody tried creating the Expressway visual into KLGA?

I could look into it when I have the chance. I'm busy converting all my bgl plans into ut2 so I could use aisidstars better.

Its not hard to create approaches or sid stars. What I do is open in notepad an existing approach as a template. Open afx and fsx at the target airport. If pmdg has an existing approach that I need, I simply copy it over into aisidstars format and insert the two runway points and save. You must notice that approach files say "final" in it. If you make a custom approach, you slew around your aircraft and mark your points with afx. You will then enter the points and appropriate speeds and altitudes.

Aisidstars takes a long time for me to load. The reason is because I have almost every major airport in the world covered XD. With this self inflicted issue, I would like to know if this program can be made stand alone or not shutdown because fsx is not running.

Roland,

Could you consider making the UI interface window more expandable vertically and horizontally so it can be dragged further to see all of the columns of data? 

By the way, I also see these crazy approaches and landings on invisible runways at KLAX from weird angles, especially after the program runs for a while.  I do not do spotting in a secondary window.  I will see if the cache clearing will fix it.

Thank you,

Brian

It would also be a nice feature to have the deleted ai re-injected back into the sim if it was deleted.

catchman,

Sad to hear that it is locked. I have been very looking forward to something like this too.

Has anybody tried creating the Expressway visual into KLGA?

If anyone gives it a try and has problems, send me a note and I'll give it a try.

Could you consider making the UI interface window more expandable vertically and horizontally so it can be dragged further to see all of the columns of data? 

Sure, I've made the changes.  The new version should be available shortly.

By the way, I also see these crazy approaches and landings on invisible runways at KLAX from weird angles, especially after the program runs for a while.

Thanks for confirming Bluemja2002's issue.  I think I now have this fixed in the new version.

It would also be a nice feature to have the deleted ai re-injected back into the sim if it was deleted.

This is a very good suggestion, but I'm going to save it for when I look at taxi features.  In the interim, have you looked at Ultimate Traffic 2?  That program is very aggressive about re-injecting deleted AI, so much that it lessens the effectiveness of my AI Cull utility.

-Roland 

If anyone gives it a try and has problems, send me a note and I'll give it a try.

Sure, I've made the changes.  The new version should be available shortly.

Thanks for confirming Bluemja2002's issue.  I think I now have this fixed in the new version.

This is a very good suggestion, but I'm going to save it for when I look at taxi features.  In the interim, have you looked at Ultimate Traffic 2?  That program is very aggressive about re-injecting deleted AI, so much that it lessens the effectiveness of my AI Cull utility.

-Roland 

Yes I had it for a long long while but never really used it and got to understand it. I am now in the middle of a month long campaign to convert all my bgl traffic into UT2 just so I can:

1. have Ai follow routes

2.use its inject feature to assist AISIDSTARS

3.use its ai distance feature to limit ai around me to a certain distance

Ut2 has given me a lot of trouble to operate, but now its working better for me. your program gave me the incentive to figure out ut2.

btw I have some approach files for NZQN (Queenstown, New Zealand) and SBRJ (Santos Dumont, Rio, Brazil) if any interested. Makes for some pretty neat and challenging approaches also interesting to see ai do it. I am also finishing up MROC ( Costa Rica) visual Rwy 25 circle approach. Because of the mountain and steep rising slope, planes have to circle around from rwy 7 approach to get to rwy 25. Also SKBO ( Bogata, Colombia) rwy 31 L,R visual approach. Its not published to my knowledge but planes do circle around to use it after approaching the BOG vor.

New Rev. 1.2Q Release 18 (beta) can be found here: 

New:  Regarding the new traffic pattern feature after the AI exits a STAR, I added options to specify the approach angle at which straight-ins occurs rather than a rectangular (crosswind, downwind, base) pattern (e.g., AIStraightInAngle = 45).  I also added an option to turn off traffic patterns entirely (e.g., AITrafficPattern = 0).

New:  AIMonitor window more expandable vertically and horizontally so that user can see more data (if they want to use their display screen real estate to do so).  Note:  the column widths can be readjusted manually to suit a larger size.

Fixed:  Traffic pattern feature sometimes causing strange approaches and landings from weird angles.

Revised:  Turning off AISIDSTAR conducted go-arounds (AIGoAroundLeaveArea = 0) will now turn off short-final go-arounds.  Please note however, if short-final go-around is turned off, AISIDSTAR will land every AI that makes it to "final approach" status regardless of late-breaking separation conflicts (some may like this however - I do - I prefer the AI to land even if a few must get squeezed in).  Also, there is another class of go-arounds that AISIDSTAR must always perform regardless of whether AIGoAroundLeaveArea = 0.  For example, if the AI exits the STAR but doesn't have a runway assignment after a time-out period elapses, then AISIDSTAR must perform a go-around otherwise under the control of FSX the AI would meander aimlessly around in or near the terminal area.  

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AISIDSTAR.  For example, the new AICull function requires FSUIPC.  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR might choose the final approach file having the incorrect runway data.

Please consult the following video documentation:

Overview of What's New in Version 1.2Q:

Video 1 - Working with the Included Sample SID/STAR Files and Creating New Files Using AIConv.exe:  

Video 2 - Custom Editing SID/STAR Files - 

Video 3 - Operating Parameters.

Thanks!

-Roland

I am trying to use the latest version posted above. I intend to handover aircraft to FSX to fly and land after end of star so I have disabled custom/autogen approaches. I am having issue where AI after exit of star shortly after being released to approach are taken back into slew and go around. In the console it says entering downwind for landing runway, then next comes the detected leaving star - slewing released - aircraft is now on approach, but next for some reason it shows runway not assigned at end of traffic pattern forcing go around. Inside FSX however I hear ATC approach control normally assigning and clearing for intercepting ILS. Anyone pls tell what I am missing here.

Regards

EDIT: Putting AITrafficPattern=0 appears to have stopped the go arounds.

I'm now getting some problems occurring with my copy of aisidstars. After this update I'm now getting appcrashes with it. I re downloaded a fresh copy into a new directory and added my added airports from the previous version. It worked but for some reason the ai monitor reverted back to the old form ( the one without the "exclude ground ai" button. No problem. However, The re download version worked up until a few minutes ago and it's now suffering from the same crashes. I don't know why and no major changes to my computer where made.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    AISIDSTAR.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    53988269
  Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.40219.325
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4df2be1e
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    0008d6fd
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    4601
  Additional Information 2:    4601baa81db27a04619de609517554ad
  Additional Information 3:    f782
  Additional Information 4:    f782721e46ae61b0bb78a076dde54346

It worked but for some reason the ai monitor reverted back to the old form ( the one without the "exclude ground ai" button

Anthony,

I just downloaded from the link and the AI Monitor is the latest version with the "Exclude Ground AI" button.  Are you sure you haven't mixed versions?

btw I have some approach files for NZQN (Queenstown, New Zealand) and SBRJ (Santos Dumont, Rio, Brazil) if any interested. Makes for some pretty neat and challenging approaches also interesting to see ai do it. I am also finishing up MROC ( Costa Rica) visual Rwy 25 circle approach.

Sure, I'm interested, I have an "extreme approach" folder I'm including with the program.  I add your approaches to the collection.

-Roland

AISIDSTAR has been uploaded to the AVSIM library and should now be available (aisidstar12.zip).  Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions!

Revised:  Improved AI separation, so much so that you will have to adjust downwards the separation numbers you're used to entering.  For example, AIseparationdistance=2 (nm) is now the "normal" separation number.  To squeeze the AI tightly together on approach, I now recommend setting AIseparationdistance=1 (nm) in your AISIDSTAR.ini file.  On the other hand,  AIseparationdistance=3 (nm) now represents conservative spacing virtually eliminating all go-arounds regardless of traffic density.  Note:  Holding modes 2,3, or 4 must be active to see the enhanced holding (AIholdingallowed=2,3 or 4).

New:  If the user only wants AI with “official” FSX clearance to land, add AILandWithoutClearance = 0 to your AISIDSTAR.ini file.  Background:  AISIDSTAR will land any AI that fails to receive timely landing clearance provided an autogen or custom final approach file exists, however such AI must be deleted after the landing rollout because any AI that lands without clearance receives no taxi service to the gate.  This new option avoids this problem.

Fixed: Not establishing FSUIPC link in Prepar3D v 2.x.

Various other fixes/revisions were also made.

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AISIDSTAR.  For example, the new AICull function requires FSUIPC.  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR might choose the final approach file having the 

incorrect runway data.

Please consult the following video documentation:

Overview of What's New in Version 1.2Q:

Thanks!

-Roland

Thank you roland. Btw my ai monitor wont display anymore and I have no idea why.

Thank you roland. Btw my ai monitor wont display anymore and I have no idea why.

The latest AI monitor is expecting data (aitelemetry.txt) in a slightly different format.  Make sure to replace the aimonitor.exe, aisidstar.exe and aitelemetry.txt files with the latest versions.  A good approach might be to unzip the latest version into its own directory, test it to see if it the vanilla install works, then copy over your custom files/folders from your old installation.

-Roland

Hi,

I added AILandWithoutClearance=0 to my AISIDSTAR.ini, but I just got a:

AI has completed its landing, but was NOT ASSIGNED A RUNWAY by FSX for ATLANTA Flight 2161 (TF-AMT).

The AI aircraft will now be REMOVED from the OEMA area.

Any thoughts?  I was expecting that aircraft with AILandWithoutClearance=0 would not land without clearance (as per post #552).

Cheers,

Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr