Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

AI Aircraft SID and STAR Controller

The AISIDSTAR Monitor doesn't seem to be working for me. I press Start Data Collection but I never get anything to show. It used to work for me, I am not sure what is wrong. I am starting with everything new and the latest release. Also, when I first started AISIDSTAR.exe it gave me a bunch of errors for almost all of the airports that are included with AISIDSTAR. I had to delete them in the .ini.

I have also witnessed some behaviour where the AI will slow down and speed up every few seconds on final approach.

Nice, these new changes should allow me to get the military arrivals to do what I'm asking them to do in the overhead "STARs" for mil airports.

I tried again and I got the monitor working.

I still oddly got an aircraft assigned RW05 STAR when the wind was 320 magnetic at 20kts at a smallish airport. There is a RW32.

Hey, this last version works much better than the older versions. Actually older versions keep AI planes circlying around the arrival airport. This does not happen with the latest version.Thank you so much Roland for this awesome program!

I tried again and I got the monitor working.

I still oddly got an aircraft assigned RW05 STAR when the wind was 320 magnetic at 20kts at a smallish airport. There is a RW32.

Copy that.

On my testground EDDL still 30-50% receive the wrong STARs, not only at startup but also after 30 minutes uptime.

No runway change at this time, all aircrafts departing at the same (odd directed) runway.

Copy that.

On my testground EDDL still 30-50% receive the wrong STARs, not only at startup but also after 30 minutes uptime.

No runway change at this time, all aircrafts departing at the same (odd directed) runway.

Sometimes it works flawlessly. Other times it is all wrong and stays that way. But when it works it's great.

FSX chooses the departing runway.  If you see AI departing from an odd runway, that also means FSX is probably responsible for assigning odd arrival runways as well, which affects STAR selection.  Did you mean all aircraft are "arriving" via odd STARs, but departing normal runways?  Anyway, I'll look at EDDL again.

Sometimes it works flawlessly. Other times it is all wrong and stays that way. But when it works it's great.

Chances are this is a bug with an easy fix (e.g., math error).  Can you send your STAR files to my support address in the readme? 

I'm about to upload a new version that doesn't address this issue, but has other improvements/fixes (so I'm going to go ahead and release it).

-Roland

FSX chooses the departing runway. If you see AI departing from an odd runway, that also means FSX is probably responsible for assigning odd arrival runways as well, which affects STAR selection. Did you mean all aircraft are "arriving" via odd STARs, but departing normal runways? Anyway, I'll look at EDDL again.

As described earlier, i start AISIDSTAR at the earliest when the conditions are stable. The first  2-3 Aircrafts taxi out to RWY 23L, my Laptop with FSC 9.2 shows matching wind direction, all good.

Then i start the AISIDSTAR Monitor, from there i start the tool itself.

After the startup you read in the Traffic, i start the Data collection, and from the first second i notice a 50:50 allocation between 05R and 23L regarding the STARs.

And, as described, this continued yesterday for more than half an hour.

At no time one AC was taxiing or departing from 05R.

I wonder, why you don´t use your readout of the Data collection to verify the plausability of the STAR?

There is a existing telemetry file that says, 23L is assigned for each and every taxi out from EDDL.

Isn´t it possible to take that file to read e.g. every 10 seconds the landing runway and if the assigned STAR isn´t matching, you  reassingn?

Also strange, the new version seems to produce more "breakouts" than before.

Traffic that is just  feets away from the first Final Waypoint and switches to the "enroute" mode turns 180° to catch the IAF again. This happens randomly, from a complete chain of 5 AC using the same (correct) STAR and with a valid assigned Runway 2-3 do not enter the Final but turning arround.

I´ve no clue why.

After the startup you read in the Traffic, i start the Data collection, and from the first second i notice a 50:50 allocation between 05R and 23L regarding the STARs.

Found the problem (it was difficult to locate).  I should have the fixed version uploaded shortly.

Also strange, the new version seems to produce more "breakouts" than before.  Traffic that is just  feets away from the first Final Waypoint and switches to the "enroute" mode turns 180° to catch the IAF again. 

I noticed a problem with finals not getting selected (becoming active), but I'm not sure whether was a bug I introduced recently or whether it was in the uploaded version.  Anyway, the issue is fixed, which might fix the problem you're seeing.

New Rev. 1.2Q (beta) can be found here: 

New:  AI pitch animation.  Sometime the AI landed at odd pitch angles.  The program now controls the AI's pitch (as well as flaps).  In addition, the banking animation has been improved.

New:  Ocassionally the AI landed at the same time the user's aircraft was departing a runway.  The program will now prevent this from happening (if the user turns on strobes and lights while entering the runway and lining up for the departure ground roll).

New:  AI monitor windows program now indicates the following status:  AI is attempting to intercept the FSX IAF.

Fixed: Sometimes AI assigned wrong STAR in relation to landing runway (specifically, AI was sometimes incorrectly assigned STAR with closest entry point regardless of runway).  Also, the program will reassign a new STAR if it determines the AI has been assigned a landing runway that does not correspond to the original STAR (e.g., wind shifts on approach).

Fixed: Sometimes final approach was not getting activated for AI after they left STAR.

Fixed:  AI not getting timely runway assignments were getting a go-around command too quickly.  This has been fixed.

Revised:  Custom final approach files for KDCA river visual 19 and KJFK parkway visuals 13R and 13L updated with precision runway coordinates for better final approaches.

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AISIDSTAR.  For example, the new AICull function requires FSUIPC.  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX coordinate display lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AISIDSTAR will not choose the final approach file having the 

incorrect runway data.

Please consult the following video documentation:

Overview of What's New in Version 1.2Q:

Video 1 - Working with the Included Sample SID/STAR Files and Creating New Files Using AIConv.exe:  

Video 2 - Custom Editing SID/STAR Files - 

Video 3 - Operating Parameters.

Thanks!

-Roland

I wonder, why you don´t use your readout of the Data collection to verify the plausability of the STAR?

Can you (or anyone interested) give the following alternate version a try?  It is much quicker to propagate the most recently detected landing runway to the arriving AI for STAR assignment, but at airports with multiple landing runways in use (e.g., KORD: 27, 28, 32) the AI assignments may tend to lock onto just one STAR solution...not sure though....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndzvp93d2gx7xs4/AISIDSTAR12Q_Fast_Runway_Search.zip

Thanks,

-Roland

I will check it out, but compared to January/February i have much less time because i´m back in my Job.

So it might take a few days.

First observation:

Basically now the assigned runway  fits to the STAR (and vice versa)

Now frequently a message appears: EXEPTION = 20  = "six digit number" index = 1chData = 24

Also, the seperation is kept less. Testground is now  EDDF included the "new" Runway.

But i definitly need more time to "play"

The latest version is working very nicely but I haven't played around with it too much yet. I like how the STAR assignments can change after the ai is assigned a STAR already.

I received this error today, and I have received it before with the past couple versions. Each time it has happened with a new .ini file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxr7ftwokvzyc76/aisidstarerror.png

I just remove all the default airports from the .ini that come with the program and all is fine but I don't get why I encounter this error. I got it on maybe the fourth time using the new version of AISIDSTAR.