Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raymond66

FS2004 LOW FPS since 3 days ago

Hi,

I have a 7 years old PC, and till 8 days ago FS2004 was between 24 and 70 FPS (set to unlimited).

Everything was fine.

But in the last 3 days, the FPS is between 7 and 20! I haven't changed anything. There was a Windows update (I have Win XP, SP3) as usual, and a new iTunes version. That's it.

I don't have McAffee as AV.

The FPS are now about 2.5 lower than 8 days ago and before. It is all the time: no change if the GPS is on or off.

What I can see is that there is a slight delay when clicking buttons: they move ~1/3 of a second after I click them.

I ran my AV, and all is fine.

I haven't found any new processes in Task manager.

I recreated a new FS9.cfg, but no change.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I have a 7 years old PC, and till 8 days ago FS2004 was between 24 and 70 FPS (set to unlimited).

Everything was fine.

But in the last 3 days, the FPS is between 7 and 20! I haven't changed anything. There was a Windows update (I have Win XP, SP3) as usual, and a new iTunes version. That's it.

I don't have McAffee as AV.

The FPS are now about 2.5 lower than 8 days ago and before. It is all the time: no change if the GPS is on or off.

What I can see is that there is a slight delay when clicking buttons: they move ~1/3 of a second after I click them.

I ran my AV, and all is fine.

I haven't found any new processes in Task manager.

I recreated a new FS9.cfg, but no change.

If windows update is the only thing that is changed, you should look there... Check what is updated, maybe fs9 don't like new nvidia driver for example, which is now updated automatically btw

FS2004 LOW FPS

If windows update is the only thing that is changed, you should look there... Check what is updated, maybe fs9 don't like new nvidia driver for example, which is now updated automatically btw

Not sure how to check for any new ATI catalyst driver (don't have nvidia)...

I checked in Application Events: there are many 'Performance counters' events for 'for the ASP.NET...' and 'Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile'.........

There is also this: 'Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 -- Configuration completed successfully.', and other events like 'Performance counters for the .NETFramework (.NETFramework) service are already in Performance Registry, no need to re-install again'...

Not sure what to make of this.

sorry, i can't help you with ATI, i use only nvidia. And i use windows 7 64bit, it's a much better performance then XP. Maybe you should check if you can revert PC to state before updates? I have no other(better)ideas

Blow your cpu cooler with compressed air, your pc may be throttling back due to a dust build up causing excessive heat.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Do you defrag your hard drive?

Thank you, yes it was defragged. I forgot to mention... Solution just below...

Blow your cpu cooler with compressed air, your pc may be throttling back due to a dust build up causing excessive heat.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Thank you kevin7898, you saved me! I dusted my PC and voila! Before: ~7 to 13 FPS, now 60 to 96!!!

It was dusty indeed!

Have you tried a System Restore to 4-9 days ago?

Thank you anyway. IT manager at work thought it was that too, but the removal of dust was the answer.

Conclusion: after McAfee, and Norton Ghost, the other FPS killer is dust!

Thank you all very very much!