Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 5/23/13 - Iditarod 23 - White Mountain

I checked on this several times before shutting everything down last night and it wasn't up. I don't know what time it came up, but it's now just before 0500 EST and it's posted.

Just 77 miles from Nome. We're getting very close and our journey will soon be over.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I got it last night just about Midnight before going to bed. Don't know when it finally came up. Parked on the ramp at White Mountain air strip. RV6-A all shined up and ready for the next leg., thanks F50ACE.

Steve

Ha ha, I flew the same plane to get this aerocache!

I chose the Heavy Weather theme for this flight, because I like the atmospheric effects. And it gives me the correct winds for this part of Alaska.

White_01_zpse943014d.jpg

White_02_zps9853c965.jpg

There is a layer of fog at ground level so I am happy to stay above it.

White_03_zps6e893440.jpg

But, when it was time to descend for the Aerocache (at the water tower just to my left), there was nothing there!

White_04_zpsb2d74ca2.jpg

Oh, well, this happens every now and then. No problem, I thought, I'll just get it later. But, no, it's already Friday and the Aerocache has changed. I shall have to wait for it to become permanent and get it then.

Best regards.

Luis