Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WebMaximus

What to do after you had a failure

I now got my second failure since starting to use the Emergency pack and I actaully got the same failure as last time so maybe it's time for a thorough C check :wink:

One thing I wanted to ask, when I like in this case had an electrical failure with drive nr 2 after I've run through the checklist with the FO who started the APU as per the checklist for that type of failure once we're on the ground am I supposed to just clear the failure in the FMC failures menu and then the FO on next preflight will close the drive guard as seen in the attached screenshot below or is that my responsibility too to close that guard once the failure has been fixed? Last time I did close the guard myself.

Drive%20Disconnect.JPG

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You'd clear all the failures via the command in the FMC (simulating the mechanic fixing it).

You'd close the guard yourself in that situation.

Ok, got it.

Must give you a big thumbs up for the emergency pack, the dialog with the FO feels extremely real!

I know the topic is old but got a question related - clearing is one thing but should also the particular system be serviced? So for example APU failure, fixing during flight according to emergency NGX and QRH than landing than clearing and than servicing (maintenance)?

I know the topic is old but got a question related - clearing is one thing but should also the particular system be serviced? So for example APU failure, fixing during flight according to emergency NGX and QRH than landing than clearing and than servicing (maintenance)?

In the PMDG menu, there is an option to clear all failures.

Cheers,

Yes but there is also option to make a maintenance service (each x hours) and I was wondering if I have the APU failure and I land and clear it at the gate should I also conduct a service maintenance faster to make sure this won't happen soon again