Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Unbelievable Moore Ok gets hit again!

New storms tonight with bad tornados, that hit Moore Oklahoma again. and other parts of of the state, including Oklahoma City, in addition to major flooding! My prayers to all affected by this horrible storm!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/31/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Oklahoma is right in the heart of Tornado alley and I guess Moore must be near the center.  I visited Ada, OK some years ago and I could not escape a Tornado outbreak, fortunately Ada was bypassed but it scared the IBM tech I was working with enough that he got in his truck, and got out of there as fast as he could leaving me in a parking lot with boiling clouds all above me.  I thank God that we can see damage like what happened in Moore and so many people survive.  I pray one day, everyone will have a hardened shelter in their home in threatened areas.  The money invested is nothing compared to the pricelessness of a life.

John

New storms tonight with bad tornados, that hit Moore Oklahoma again. and other parts of of the state, including Oklahoma City, in addition to major flooding! My prayers to all affected by this horrible storm!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/31/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Oklahoma is right in the heart of Tornado alley and I guess Moore must be near the center. I visited Ada, OK some years ago and I could not escape a Tornado outbreak, fortunately Ada was bypassed but it scared the IBM tech I was working with enough that he got in his truck, and got out of there as fast as he could leaving me in a parking lot with boiling clouds all above me. I thank God that we can see damage like what happened in Moore and so many people survive. I pray one day, everyone will have a hardened shelter in their home in threatened areas. The money invested is nothing compared to the pricelessness of a life.

John

I fail to understand why its not law to have a tornado shelter their, especially in schools, i mean its not like these tornados are a new thing there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

When I was eight and my parents and I lived in Oklahoma City back in the late 50's, our brick home on Libby Drive had an ancient "fallout shelter" in the backyard which we cleaned up, stocked and used as a "tornado shelter."

In the five years we lived there we only used the shelter three times, but knowing that we were relatively safe and protected was worth every bit of the bother of keeping the supplies freshly updated. Every two weeks mom and dad would bring out any of the perishable items for immediate use, and replace 'em with fresh stock.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I fail to understand why its not law to have a tornado shelter their, especially in schools, i mean its not like these tornados are a new thing there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

There was a report that Moore did request FEMA funds for shelters  (Before the Storms) but their request was on hold, pending approval of the city's hazard mitigation plan.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/weather/weather_news/moore-oklahomas-application-for-2-million-fema-safe-room-on-hold-no-hazard-plan-approved

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The shelters are the best defence against a tornado as long as they don't flood from the rain. The best shelter would be fully stocked with provisions, diesel generator and a pump, so long as you can afford it.

Matthew Kane