Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern S.

"OK to clean up" results in full stop breaking

Hi everybody,

I am facing a problem after landing when the FO is doing his after landing flow. The moment he brings the Autobrakes to the Off-Position, the aircraft instantly stops because of the parking brake being set. This is weird because neither I have a keyboard button assigned for the parking brake in FS, nor is one assigned in the NGX's settings.

Pressing my brake pedals once releases the brake once again and I can continue taxiing.

Thank youforyour help.

Best regards from Germany

Bjoern Siepmann

Thank you for your fast answer, Bryan.

That's a good idea! But unfortunately there is no key combination set to "Wheel Chocks set/remove" in the PMDG NGX'S key commands menu. I've just double checked that.

Well, I've finished another test flight this morning and encountered this problem again. It seems like being the parking brake or the Chocks but neither are visible set.

Everything else works fine.

Just to clarify, you are calling-out 'Manual Braking' and quickly tapping the toe brakes twice (to release the autobraking system), before the end of the rollout - around 60kts, or so?  IIRC, if the AB is turned off while still engaged, it does some weird stuff, maybe even engaging the parking brake.  Try it and see if it helps...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

That is correct. I tap the toe brakes twice, call out manual braking and can confirm the Autobrake Disarm Light is illuminated. The aircraft then continues to roll without deceleration until I tap my toe brakes again to decelerate to normal taxi speed.

Then, regardless of using FS2Crew or not, when selecting Autobrake Switch to Off, the aircraft comes to a complete stop immediately.

I have just observed this behavior on my way to the runway for departure while "playing" with the AB Switch and resetting it from RTO to Off as well. Thus, it is definitely not a problem of FS2Crew, of course.

I checked all my keyboard assignments again and did not find a clue for a setting being used twice such as the parking brake or the Chocks. After this described stop, there is no visible clue for that either. I checked the parking brake lever and the MCDU PMDG Menu - nothing. But tapping the toe brakes once or setting and releasing the parking brake solves the problem.

Best regards

Bjoern

Yes, I wrote something in their forum yesterday, too. But no reaction until now.

Well, I have to consider when to command "OK to clean up" for the time being. The FO's after Landing Flow is triggered by this call OR by setting the Seedbrake Lever in the Down detent, right? So the FO won't do anything until one of these two conditions exist?

May be you might invent a command like "OK to clean up but do not touch the Autobrake until gate arrival" to do me a favor ;)

Best regards

Bjoern