Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ja99

Editvoice Pack Updates

Just a thought,with the current problem with the updates could you not export the entire Editvoicepack et al and upload it to this site?as it`s freeware there should be no legal problem! :rolleyes:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'd have to take a long look at the EULA before being sure about that. Just because it's free for use doesn't necessarily mean the user can do anything he wants with it or the files it produces.

That's an interesting question. I'm not entirely sure of the answer but it doesn't feel ethical to distribute other people's work without permission first.

As Lars produced (but no longer hosts) the automatic updates which were created from many peoples' contributions I personally feel he should be asked. He might even be able to provide the file concerned.

John

Of coarse if necessary to get permission can the man be found? :rolleyes:

Of coarse if necessary to get permission can the man be found? :rolleyes:

Absolutely. He is on the Editvoicepack forums managing the FSX version.

John

Thanks John H ! you are an expert at this Voicepack  issue as you create vcpmod`s and we mere mortals only use them for our hobby,so thanks again. :im Not Worthy:

Ha ha! You flatter me. I'm sure if I can do it, anybody can ,. . .

Anyway, I have had approval from Lars to distribute the callsigns in the lost update so I will do my best to supply anything that is needed. I'm not sure whether I can do a bulk update and export the lot in one file or whether I will have to do them individually.

I have to go out today but I will make a start as soon as possible by providing the one requested in another thread.

I will do my best to supply anything anybody needs but please bear with me in terms of time.

Best wishes,

John

:lol: Wonderful John,can`t wait for call sign alban belle etc,etc,etc, :huh: and to that A320 driver i think you may benefit from all effort by people on this Avsim site. :Applause:

The bad news is that I cannot do a bulk export to produce a single file containing all of the updates. And, worse still, there are a lot more files than I realised - probably thousands! It is going to take a lot of time to export them all. So if you have any special requests feel welcome to ask, by PM is probably best.

Meanwhile, for simplicity (from my point of view) I am making them available on my site at http://adventure-unlimited.org/evp/ . What is there also includes a batch of files I found lurking on my system that I made a long time ago but never made available anywhere.

Help yourselves, folks, and enjoy!

John

John, many thanks! At your site I found two callsigns which I searched for many years...

Harald

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,it now works as EL AL,if anyone needs the call sign may i upload?

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,may i upload?

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,it now works as EL AL,if anyone needs the call sign may i upload?

Missing call sign,EL AL,i searched but could not locate so i played with EL AL Cargo and came up with a match for EL AL,may i upload?

Did you check whether it worked beforehand? EL AL is a default FS2004 callsign so you shouldn't need to create it.

John

John, the link to your site for EVP updates only allows those with permission to access - though the main site is OK and you can access through that.

There is a thread about a call sign request in the AIG forums which needs the last update for FS9. i have a copy backed up but in view of copyright issues don't want to pass on as Lars seems to be getting touchy about the old FS9 releases. Did you ever get anywhere with uploading this?

I am looking for an FS9 version of AnadoluJet as well

John

John, the link to your site for EVP updates only allows those with permission to access - though the main site is OK and you can access through that.

There is a thread about a call sign request in the AIG forums which needs the last update for FS9. i have a copy backed up but in view of copyright issues don't want to pass on as Lars seems to be getting touchy about the old FS9 releases. Did you ever get anywhere with uploading this?

I am looking for an FS9 version of AnadoluJet as well

John

Sorry about that, I had to change things a little given the huge number of files.

Please use http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/files/index.php to access the files.

The AIG people should find all of the official FS9 updates there.

John

PS - You will find Anadolujet there.

PS - You will find Anadolujet there.

Thnx for the reply. Which of the airline packs is Anadolujet in? Couldn't see any reference when I searched earlier.

John

Edit: got it thnx so much been searching all over the place

It`s in 'files' scroll down to 'airlines' you will find it and many others there! :rolleyes:

John - as so many times before, THANK YOU for the way you contribute to our hobby in so many ways

Hi all :lol: , here`s a thought seeing some FSX can be altered to suit FS9 is it possible to integrate Editvoicepack 31 with Editvoicepack X40 to get a wider range of controllers?

Wouldn`t that be grand!  :rolleyes:

To be honest, I think the answer is no.

Being a luddite I know nothing about FSX or Editvoicepack X40 but FS9 is limited to the number of voices by Flight Simulator itself. There are add-ons available that offer wider ranges of voices but these do not interact directly with FS but work rather as an overlay linked through FSUIPC( with the volume turned down to zero on the default voices). There are a number of complications or disadvantages with doing so, but this is the only way to have more than the standard number of voices.

If somebody was able to modify the core FS files that do the job it would be possible, but then you would need to provide a complete range of standard words for the new voices, and then modify all the mods to use the additional voices too. So to say it can't be done may not be true but it would be a monstrous task and I really can't see this being done for what is essentially an obsolete product however much we love it.

Best wishes,

John

Thanks for the reply John i suppose we have to put up with "All America" very thoughtless of microsoft to exclude the rest of the world!