Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

We have lift-off! SimHeaven OSM+AUTOGEN is ORBX GLOBAL!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Orbx (Venema)  the same one that made some harsh remarks about "XP having no future"....LOL

Yes, but I have to say that the motivation was very clear. No product of OrbX  would simply work. They would have to reinvent a lot and would have to face the stiff competition from OSm data and photosceneries. On the o6ther hand P3D works, at least with tiny modifications.

Yes, but I have to say that the motivation was very clear. No product of OrbX  would simply work. They would have to reinvent a lot and would have to face the stiff competition from OSm data and photosceneries. On the o6ther hand P3D works, at least with tiny modifications.

There is a big difference in saying "our product simply won't work with XP" to "XP has no future because our product won't work with XP".

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

There is a big difference in saying "our product simply won't work with XP" to "XP has no future because our product won't work with XP".

Not if you are certain that your product is so good and so important that no one can be successfull without your product. In fact OrbX was considered very important by McDonald Douglas since their improved environment could be very usefull for their normal customers: Orbx Iraq, Orbx Iran, Orbx North-Korea could be very helpfull.

So in other words no flight simulator can be successful if it's not using orbx is what he really meant. Well that clears everything up then.

If majority people go XP10 Venema will go too, look past statement made by him with sale, past statement by Venema on XP not good for Orbx is same = not trust his word. 

Company go where money is good.

Olga Van Kranendonk.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Orbx (Venema)  the same one that made some harsh remarks about "XP having no future"....LOL

Fact  is, the webpage where he said this had no future. Now this page is a "404 Not found" error:

But you can still find his remarks on web.archive.org:

He did not only say "X-Plane has no future", he also said "It’s not a good sim". :lol: Looks like he wanted to make sure his customers will not test X-Plane and discover how good this sim is with all the detailed vectors of small streets and paths he'll never be able to add in a 32-bit sim.

Fact  is, the webpage where he said this had no future. Now this page is a "404 Not found" error:

But you can still find his remarks on web.archive.org:

He did not only say "X-Plane has no future", he also said "It’s not a good sim". :lol: Looks like he wanted to make sure his customers will not test X-Plane and discover how good this sim is with all the detailed vectors of small streets and paths he'll never be able to add in a 32-bit sim.

A bit sad really, their GA airports are really nice. For the rest, they're obsolete in X-Plane.