Sign in to follow this  
Bob650

Cessna 206H Released!

Hard to see under the glareshield, but the entire upper row of buttons are operational.

In the lower row, you are right, only one button is active..

Bert

Lovely! Thanks for that Bert. No, I don't have the Malibu.

While you're here. The GPS, unlike all my other GPSs doesn't show traffic. I've tried swapping for another 530 that does have traffic but the 206 seems to choke on it, as in, when pressing my 'show GPS' button I get an interminable hourglass! Are Carenado getting just a tad too clever? :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, I do not spend any time looking at the Carenado GPS, since the RXP GNS530 is so much more functional..

Were you substituting with another Carenado GPS?

Bert

I tried RXP once, sent it back! More GPS than I'll ever need! In this case no, it wasn't a Carenado GPS but it's one that works on other planes (BayTower's 530) I'll keep playing with it till I find one.

In case you're interested, I and my fellow onliners find traffic very handy to see where everyone is. Many's the time I've said "Which way are you going?" "I'm going to XYZ2" comes the reply. "No you're not pal, you're going the wrong way!" :rolleyes:

You are spot on. Tried it with the transponder fiddled with and *pop*! :O The only time I've used the transponder is offline and using ATC.

Live and learn, live and learn. :smile:

Incidentally, do the comms buttons work? None, or practically none, of mine do. Have I not switched something on? Searched through all the PDFs...nothing.

Typically, with Coranado, the radio stack may function correctly for selecting which radios you want to Receive on, but the selection of the Transmitting radio is often flawed.

Often, there is no way to select which of the two Radios one is going to use as the Transmitting radio -- implying, that little or no developing or testing is done in a Multiplayer environment, :(

One BRUTE FORCE way to get around this, is to throw in, say, the MS C172 Radio stack as a 2D pop up window, and use that to control the radios and the Transponder.

Otherwise, its a question of getting into the XML and correcting it ... and for the Transponder, that is no small task !!

My advise, if you need the correct Functionality :-

(1) Throw in the C172 radio stack as a 2D popup windows,

(2) Ask Coranado, to fix the issues, both for your purchase, and for future planes they release.

I tried RXP once, sent it back! More GPS than I'll ever need! In this case no, it wasn't a Carenado GPS but it's one that works on other planes (BayTower's 530) I'll keep playing with it till I find one.

In case you're interested, I and my fellow onliners find traffic very handy to see where everyone is. Many's the time I've said "Which way are you going?" "I'm going to XYZ2" comes the reply. "No you're not pal, you're going the wrong way!" :rolleyes:

I understand traffic, and I use it for the exact same reason

Bert

Sorted! I used the FSX 530. I'm now a happy bunny.

Sorry Bert, didn't mean to teach my grandma to suck eggs. I imagined you'd use a more sophisticated method. :wink:

Sorry Bert, didn't mean to teach my grandma to suck eggs. I imagined you'd use a more sophisticated method. :wink:

Nope, I use the very same method... I just got hooked on the RXP GNS units many years ago, in the FS9 days

and have stuck with them ever since..  But traffic on a moving map is pretty much the same, no matter which

map you are looking at ^_^

Bert

Thanks for the input Geoff. Bert pointed out the mistake in the panel.cfg. All is good. As for 'correct functionality', that doesn't concern me, it's not as if there is anybody there. :P

I just bought the 206.  It seems to handle very nice.  I like it very much, so far.

.....Now I tried to install RealityXP 530 using their .exe file, but when I get into the 206, and start it, it will crash FSX completely.

Is anyone finding a problem with RXP integration? Any ideas what may be my problem?

Thank you,

Bob

Look in the C206 forum for my post where I explain how to install the RXP 530 into the standard Carenado cockpit, and try that as a test.

What you did should work also, and I have no idea why it would crash FSX..

Is the RXP 530 still working in other planes?  If not, you could be a victim of Malwarebytes or similar

who in their zeal sometimes remove and quarantine the rxpgssim.dll file..

Bert

Look in the C206 forum for my post where I explain how to install the RXP 530 into the standard Carenado cockpit, and try that as a test.

What you did should work also, and I have no idea why it would crash FSX..

Is the RXP 530 still working in other planes?  If not, you could be a victim of Malwarebytes or similar

who in their zeal sometimes remove and quarantine the rxpgssim.dll file..

Thank you for your suggestions Bert.  I'll check the RXP530 in some other aircraft.  I'll also check that forum.  I appreciate your help.

Bert, could you link this for me.  I'm having trouble finding it.

Thank you,

Bob

Hard to see under the glareshield, but the entire upper row of buttons are operational.

In the lower row, you are right, only one button is active..

that was silly of me, forgetting to look underneath :rolleyes: ... you're right Bert, all is fine with it here.

I just bought the 206.  It seems to handle very nice.  I like it very much, so far.

.....Now I tried to install RealityXP 530 using their .exe file, but when I get into the 206, and start it, it will crash FSX completely.

Is anyone finding a problem with RXP integration? Any ideas what may be my problem?

Thank you,

Bob

Bob, have you tried using the 530 in a different plane yet?...if you are having troubles running it in other planes as well then you can try simply reinstalling the 530 and the trainer. That may clear it up. If it runs fine in other planes then I would have no clue. Give it a shot and see if it helps.