Sign in to follow this  
ildifra

momentum effect

hi to you all,I fly 737 NGX just in 3D COCKPIT view,I would like to stop the momentum effect so I change "momentum effect=true" to "momentum effect=false" in camera.cfg...in both camera.cfg..the one under app data...etc and the one into main fsx folder...the result is that momentum effect is now less marked but it is still there....

Anyone know how to stop it 100% ???

thanks for help and best regards

Luca Di Francesco

hi to you all,I fly 737 NGX just in 3D COCKPIT view,I would like to stop the momentum effect so I change "momentum effect=true" to "momentum effect=false" in camera.cfg...in both camera.cfg..the one under app data...etc and the one into main fsx folder...the result is that momentum effect is now less marked but it is still there....

Anyone know how to stop it 100% ???

thanks for help and best regards

Luca Di Francesco

Its a well known and the most annoying bug (for me) in FSX. It's your viewpoint shifting while you turn, am I correct? 

It is un-fixable! 

I think it could be fixed within a camera control system like EZCA. The effect is predictable so an equal and opposite offset added to VC camera position should in theory be able to cancel it out.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If i turn off DHM in EZCA i do not notice it. Maybe it's there but not enough to bother me.

Chuck Biggins

I think it could be fixed within a camera control system like EZCA. The effect is predictable so an equal and opposite offset added to VC camera position should in theory be able to cancel it out.

I have EZCA but the problem still occurs!

As Ryan said, it is hard-coded into FSX!

I have EZCA but the problem still occurs!

As Ryan said, it is hard-coded into FSX!

I said a system like EZCA could possibly fix it, not that it does fix it. They would have to update their camera movement code. I asked about this in the EZCA forum and made some videos to show what was happening but they didn't seem to think it was a problem worth fixing.

They have the ability to move the eyepoint dynamically, so it should be possible for them to add a position offset as a function of heading, and allow the user to adjust the scale of the offset according to how far the cockpit is from the centre of rotation.

Any system of camera view control should be able to fix this issue.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I said a system like EZCA could possibly fix it, not that it does fix it. They would have to update their camera movement code. I asked about this in the EZCA forum and made some videos to show what was happening but they didn't seem to think it was a problem worth fixing.

They have the ability to move the eyepoint dynamically, so it should be possible for them to add a position offset as a function of heading, and allow the user to adjust the scale of the offset according to how far the cockpit is from the centre of rotation.

Any system of camera view control should be able to fix this issue.

Oh, my apologies for misunderstanding your post!  :wink: