Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Best FS9 Virtual cockpit

AirSimmer!

+1

(and if QualityWings had decided to do the 787 for FS9 as well, it would be theirs, hands down!)

Airsimmer A320 is miles ahead, then the QW Avro. PMDG 744 is in the same group of leaders.

Airsimmer A320 is miles ahead, then the QW Avro. PMDG 744 is in the same group of leaders.

I was talking about add-ons that actually worked for most users. This bird never worked and support couldn't figure out the problem short of saying it was on my end (every other add-on FS9 aircraft works with no problem by the way). This add-on may work for some like FSX but it was never fully realized.

Since we're throwing good looking duds out there SSW's A310 was nice to look at as well and just like Airsimmer it actually worked for some people...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Actually there is a pinned guide on Airsimmer forums about how to install A320. No problems if you folow this

I would - respectfully - differ on this Airsimmer debate. Version 1.4 works and I don't think that anyone has a precise statistic about how many users can't use it, the same would apply to a number of excellent add-ons such as - for example - Leonardo Maddog (which I did not mention due to its less than appealing VC design but that will be improved in the future) that had a number of detractors because of its specificities and resource demand, not to mention sometimes a sketchy or absent support. It remains that Maddog is one of the very best simulation ever made for FS9 and FSX.

I also used SSW A310 for a number of years successfully and still have it on my HD, but because it has no VC to speak of (it is not functional), I would not list it in this "good looking" VC thread! :lol:

It is statistically interesting to see that two add-ons that did not work for you worked fine for me...

Jean-Claude, on 12 Jul 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

I also used SSW A310 for a number of years successfully and still have it on my HD, but because it has no VC to speak of (it is not functional), I would not list it in this "good looking" VC thread! :lol:

It is statistically interesting to see that two add-ons that did not work for you worked fine for me...

SSW's A310 had a non clickable VC. The VC actually looked very nice and the add-on as a whole would have been great if they got all the bugs taken care of.

FS2020 

I was talking about add-ons that actually worked for most users

Dillion, with respect, have another look at your originating post.

As a recent (five months) returnee to AirSimmer both Basic and Extended Team aka Advanced,  I can only agree with the sentiments expressed by both B247NG and Jean-Claude.

There IS real help if you care to seek it ... including the prospect of 1 to 1 remote to resolve issues by Flex1978 (Rob Prest.).

Cheers mate.

Dillion, with respect, have another look at your originating post.

As a recent (five months) returnee to AirSimmer both Basic and Extended Team aka Advanced,  I can only agree with the sentiments expressed by both B247NG and Jean-Claude.

There IS real help if you care to seek it ... including the prospect of 1 to 1 remote to resolve issues by Flex1978 (Rob Prest.).

Cheers mate.

I tried to get help from Rob but he was in Dubai at the time. I gave up as the product never worked right since I've had Windows 7 installed. He stated there were issues with my joystick config file and was looking at working with that. I've had numerous revisions to my setup since my HD crashed a few years ago. I was able to bring everything back but there may be some dead entries here and there from changing hardware over the years. I haven't had time for Rob to sort everything out and he was too busy at the time to work with me on this (we kept missing each other). Since then I've been diving deeper into the many aircraft and scenery I've not looked at much over the years. With this lag in FS9 development and the state of the community I've had time to re-discover my many add-ons I've purchased over the years. The point is Airsimmer for me was not like every other add-on I have where you just install it and it works plus many have put it down for this very reason over the years. It worked in XP but not in 7.

Since you guys are basically pulling out all the stops to say this add-on is now prime time I may have to take a third look. SSW's A310 is still a dud, I don't care what anyone says on that...

FS2020 

It worked in XP but not in 7.

I am still running XP but since support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014 I will have to consider what to update to.

My biggest concern is that in both FSX and FS9 I have never had an OOM error and lately no CTD's, yet since the arrival of Windows 7 I see the Flight Sim forums loaded with people having these sort of problems. Windows 8 seems to be even more problematic, so what is the solution?

My plans are to never leave Windows XP until such time I move to FSX or hardware no longer supports XP. The hardware not supporting XP is my only real concern at this point in time. This thread has me concerned now too. As for support from Microsoft stopping in 2014, no big deal. I'll use FS9 as long as I can, and hope for a new Sim in the future skipping FSX.

RJ

I am still running XP but since support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014 I will have to consider what to update to.

My biggest concern is that in both FSX and FS9 I have never had an OOM error and lately no CTD's, yet since the arrival of Windows 7 I see the Flight Sim forums loaded with people having these sort of problems. Windows 8 seems to be even more problematic, so what is the solution?

7 64bit is actually the best for both FSX and FS9 but there are certain add-ons written for XP that don't work. For me the biggest problem is with the Reality XP gauges that shipped with Dreamfleet add-ons. Outside of that I haven't seen much of an issue. I'm not sure 7 is the real problem with Airsimmer's A320 on my system. One thing is for sure if Airsimmer finishes the series I'll jump on doing everything I can to get it to work.

FS2020 

My plans are to never leave Windows XP

I am currently planning a move to HASWELL. I will dual boot XP SP3 and & 7/64. That computer will not be connected to the internet. My system will be up and running prior to XP's isolation. I plan on running 'legacy' drivers and ATC, real weather and flight planning from a different 'protected' computer over a network. Now that new FS9 aircraft and sceneries are becoming rare I believe this to be the best practice in enabling me to use my many RXP gauges for GA aircraft (later versions are buggy) whilst giving a little extra memory protection for the airliners.

In other words FS9 and XP go into hibernation/suspended animation. Once stable I intend to take at least two images using different software and, as well, then clone the drive. I want FS9 to be around a long, long time.

I may also go X-Plane 64 bit (true multicore) as I do see that platform having more of a future with less compromises than either FSX or P3D. That is in the future however.