Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FTX AI traffic addons

I'm curious to know exactly what this is and how it works. There are North America and Australia AI traffic add ons available on OrbX's forum. Is this for the default FSX AI. So if I'm using a 3rd party traffic ai program such as UT2, I will see no benefits of getting this, right?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The NA pakage adds GA traffic to all the payware and freeware Orbx airports across all of their NA regions, as well as GA traffic to most (all?) generic airports in the PNW region. I notice there's an update for it that adds GA traffic now to PFJ; I ignored it before since I rarely fly in PNW, but I fly a ton in PFJ so I might have to give it a try.

The AU package I believe adds both GA and airline traffic, but only for AU and NZ.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

So will this work if I am using Ultimate Traffic 2 as my AI program of choice or do I need to disable it?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You will get double ups with both programmes active.

More so with the airlines In the AU package with UT2 active.

Just disable the UT2 airlines that are in the AU package as the AU package has better Aircraft and more up to date timetables.

Trevor Golding

How do I disable just the AU region in UT2 if I may ask?

So FTX AI and UT2 will conflict then? I just want to know what the right answer is so I don't get any strange things happening while flying.

Question, for those of you who are using UT2. Would it be better to use FTX GA AI Traffic or UT2's GA? Which one is better?

Disable UT2 airlines ie ANZ, Qantas, Virgin Australia etc.  Those airlines in the FTX pack are full world routes and better looking models.

Too many ai will/could, slow your computer down with excess AI.

FTX GA is painted as per real world colours with registration to suit areas they are used, PNW, AUS and NZ.

They also match airports in Orbx areas UT2 do not use smaller GA strips in Orbx.

If you are really keen you could import Orbx stuff into UT2 and have them fly real routes instead point to point flight nodes.

Trevor Golding

just be aware ftx ai  have only flight plans for flights in and out of OZ and NZ.  for airlines from outside of these countries. as an eg  emirates wont have flights from dubai to anywhere else except to OZ/NZ .same for all the others