Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Thai Creations - Mumbai, India is out

I have just deleted stock airport file (APX67250.bgl) which have difference elevation with addon scenery's AFCAD. Problem solved.

Hope that help you guys.

Vu

Hello fellow simmers/pilots,  

Firstly, I'd like to add that this is officially my first time to post on the avsim community. Since our voices for help from the developers that is Thai Creations have been falling on deaf ears over the good part of a year now, I have been doing some experimenting over the past few hours. To my surprise when I landed in VABB coming from Nairobi on the pmdg 777-300ER, I was quite baffled about the floating textures, runway and taxi-lights. But in some ways I wasn't as surprised since the topic on here has been brewing almost just after this scenary addon was released. 

I decided to give it a shot, I ended renaming the "APX67250" file which did help. But then when I exited FSX, then came back into the same airport (VABB) launched on the active runway there it was again, floating textures etc. I then went into the scenary library, swapped the priority off VABB and VAJJ, then re-swapped to have VABB on top of VAJJ, then bazinga! The scenary was ok, slewed around the airport to have a quick look around, took the 777 on a few circuits and it was ok, note using runway 27 which from the earlier posts some people have had some trouble. 

All in all, I just thought I'd share what my findings were on my end, if you ever plan to fly in or out of VABB, just go into your scenary library, swap the priority of VABB and VAJJ, then re-swap it to have VABB on top of VAJJ. (note I have not tried doing this with the "APX67250").   

I don't own or use Vector, or ORBX or any other land class addons, just straight addon aircraft and scenaries that is it. 

I hope this might be some help and productive input, until a solid reliable fix comes through the pipeline, but unfortunately I am not very optimistic about that. 

Hello fellow simmers/pilots,  

Firstly, I'd like to add that this is officially my first time to post on the avsim community. Since our voices for help from the developers that is Thai Creations have been falling on deaf ears over the good part of a year now, I have been doing some experimenting over the past few hours. To my surprise when I landed in VABB coming from Nairobi on the pmdg 777-300ER, I was quite baffled about the floating textures, runway and taxi-lights. But in some ways I wasn't as surprised since the topic on here has been brewing almost just after this scenary addon was released. 

I decided to give it a shot, I ended renaming the "APX67250" file which did help. But then when I exited FSX, then came back into the same airport (VABB) launched on the active runway there it was again, floating textures etc. I then went into the scenary library, swapped the priority off VABB and VAJJ, then re-swapped to have VABB on top of VAJJ, then bazinga! The scenary was ok, slewed around the airport to have a quick look around, took the 777 on a few circuits and it was ok, note using runway 27 which from the earlier posts some people have had some trouble. 

All in all, I just thought I'd share what my findings were on my end, if you ever plan to fly in or out of VABB, just go into your scenary library, swap the priority of VABB and VAJJ, then re-swap it to have VABB on top of VAJJ. (note I have not tried doing this with the "APX67250").   

I don't own or use Vector, or ORBX or any other land class addons, just straight addon aircraft and scenaries that is it. 

I hope this might be some help and productive input, until a solid reliable fix comes through the pipeline, but unfortunately I am not very optimistic about that. 

thanks for the tip, will try it out!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hello once again, 

Clayton4115 and to everybody involve with their input and various inputs to our experiments on trying to solve the VABB elevation issue. Again I would like to vent that it is the responsibility of the developer to look into it, since we are the paying customer who have laid down "x" amount of monies, even if it were 1cent or 1p, the buck stops with the developer. On this occasion I don't think I will be purchasing anymore Thai Creations scenaries anymore. But again I will admit it to everybody here, that I am looking at the Macau scenary, so far oddly their doesn't seem to be any issues from what I have read about that anywhere comparing to VABB. 
With that out of the way, I have just done a few tests in VABB. Note again, that the aircraft I have been using are the pmdg line of products MD-11, NGX and 777. FPS wise I am satisfied in VC 22-30 tops on the ground. 
Secondly the elevation issue. On my previous post I did what masterp said "I have just deleted stock airport file (APX67250.bgl)". I have not deleted that file, only renamed it to "bak" as a backup since it is a default FSX file. (This can be found in your main fsx folder.....Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenary/ 803/ scenary). 
Today I experimented WITH the APX67250.bgl file enabled, but disabled the VABB_ADEX_ADE_ALT.BGL file (which can be found in Microsfot Flight Simulator X/ Scenary/ World/ scenary) and the results were not good. The ground was half way up the nose of your cockpit, and as your changed views yours and AI aircraft were only visable from the fuselage upwards, and there were a few "sink holes" on the ends of runways 32/14.
I then tried to swap then re-swap the priority order of VABB and VAJJ, to no success. So I ended up re-enabling that file. Back to the drawing board, and also tried disabling VAJJ, and again that wasn't a good outcome. 
As to my previous post, there is really no change to the outcome of that experiment as a "TEMPO", temporary fix for now. Disabling (whether you delete/backup) the "APX67250" file in Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ Scenary/ 0803/ scenary), and alway keeping in mind if you ever plan to fly Departing or Arriving into VABB, go into your FSX Scenary library and making sure that VABB_X is on top of VAJJ_X, click "ok", then re-swap them back click ok then hit up your flight into the subcontinent! 

Best wishes to everybody.

please guys refer to the other thai creation vabb elevation issue thread also.. the solution worked for me..and i am very happy .. since mumbai is where i live..i own vectors and disabling elevation issue does help..plus the priority criterion..  thai creation has recreated and replicated exactly the same aspects of the vabb airport..the surrounding buildings and things are ok..since offcourse am a mumbaikar and would love to see an entire project done of mumbai :P .. i do thank them for the scenery..and implore them to add or update the scenery with a solution.. 

Finally I found the solution for the elevation problem. please remove the file: VABB_ADEX_ADE_ALT.BGL from: Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and that's all!!! all the best :)

Hey I dont Have any such File In My "Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder  :mellow: and the Rwy Are still sinking

Hey I dont Have any such File In My "Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder  :mellow: and the Rwy Are still sinking

Check you have deleted, moved or changed the following files so that they are inactive in FSX. Bare in mind that renaming them is not sufficient, you have to either delete them or rename the last part to a .BAK or similar so that FSX doesn't load them as a .BGL, personally I prefer to just delete them as I don't like default scenery anyway.

APX67250.BGL , BRX67250.BGL and OBX67250.BGL

These should be in the Scenery\0803\Scenery folder.

This should fix all Mumbai issues without deleting anything from the Mumbai folder, it is those FSX files that seem to cause problems with this scenery.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Anyone managed to install this in P3D V2? I don;'t see those custom buildings around Mumbai. 

Hmm... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Anyone managed to install this in P3D V2? I don;'t see those custom buildings around Mumbai. 

Hmm... 

I have installed the scenery in P3D V2 and have not found any elevation issues. I hope other things will also work well.

have not found any elevation issues. I hope other things will also work well.

What about the city apartments/building around the airport? Do you see those in P3D?

Manny

I have installed the scenery in P3D V2 and have not found any elevation issues. I hope other things will also work well.

There no visible elevation issues, it's just that when you got to the end of the runway, the plane would sink. I fixed this with suggestion few posts above.

What about the city apartments/building around the airport? Do you see those in P3D?

I think I saw them.

There no visible elevation issues, it's just that when you got to the end of the runway, the plane would sink. I fixed this with suggestion few posts above.

I think I saw them.

I have just made a try and have found no issues at end of the runways . (Both Runways "All four ends"). May be its because I am not using any addon like FTX .

I have just made a try and have found no issues at end of the runways . (Both Runways "All four ends"). May be its because I am not using any addon like FTX .

Possible, I have FTX Global.

Manny, on 19 Nov 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

I think I saw them.

Could you please double check and let me know? I only see Autogens..not the ones done by Thai creations.

Manny

Could you please double check and let me know? I only see Autogens..not the ones done by Thai creations.

You are right, I see only Autogen in P3D.

In FSX, the apartments show up.