Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Customising aircraft fuel tanks

Is there any way to customise the aircraft.cfg (or other) so that the fuel tanks shown are more akin to the real plane? For example, to have Center, Left Aux, Right Aux, etc. etc. is not very helpful for Concorde: it would be great (and make it much easier to sort out how much fuel to use) to see Tank1, Tank 2, Tank 5a, Tank 7a, Tank 11  .. that sort of thing, when you go into the FS menu aircraft/fuel window, instead of the standard designations...

Possible somehow??? Editing the names in the aircraft.cfg file just causes the fuel option in the FS menu to be greyed out.

FS will only recognize a few specific names for the fuel tanks.

Those are listed in the SDK.

For FS9 the Aircraft Container SDK is in the library here.

For FSX you need to install the SDK off of your Deluxe disc and update to the version of FSX you are using.

The online SDK for ESP will most likely be the same, though I can't guarantee that.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

The only valid fuel tank designations in the aircraft.cfg are these:

center1
center2
center3
leftmain
leftaux
lefttip
rightmain
rightaux
righttip
external1
external2

I strongly recommend against adjusting these names as it is highly likely that switches and gauges within the aircrafts panels will be setup to be linked to these specific names. eg. a fuel level display gauge will only display the fuel level from a specific named tank. Changing the tank name will mean that gauge will no longer provide correct information. 

www.antsairplanes.com

OK, much as I suspected. A pity.. I have the SDKs all installed already. Thanks.