Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

FTX Global + DX10 + SweetFX = Heaven

Mark sorry but dx10 fixes will not help payware airports such as flytampa, that is a deal breaker for some including Me.

Rich Sennett

Excellent shots! That really makes me consider trying DX10, but as Richard said the problems at Flytampa airports keep me from that, too.

He states " I never ever fly at night in the sim"   so there's your reason why but most of Us fly at other times of the day which rules out DX10 

No man, I can fly at night too in FTXG with DX10, just fine. :smile:   Just not with FTXG's lighting system.  I can choose to have default lighting though (which blends ok) or UTX lighting.   So even with FTXG Night lighting not currently working, it's still perfectly achievable to fly at night........

But of course yes, night lighting aside, there are some problems with DX10 compatibility with some sceneries (eg. FlyTampa and a few Aerosoft titles).   So I'm not suggesting it's for everyone.

Q400 What have you gained by going with DX10, I'm assuming this is your first try at it? I tried DX10 before but didn't really see any significant improvements so I'm back with DX9 now.

It seems results differ, according to the user's hardware.  I suspect I see such a great difference because I'm on ATI, and DX9 is just so unoptimized for ATI cards.   Also vsync never worked that well, and I believe was eating many CPU cycles.   It's set up entirely differently in DX10 fot ATI (via Radeon Pro).

The bet result for me, in going from DX9 to DX10 is a FPS increase ranging from 30-100% (I get 100% better frames with DX10 in Aerosoft US Cities LA, at the downtown area, with the same settings), smoother vsync and clearer visuals.

Great shots! Anyway DX10 is a big evolution in FSX, I switched definitly last monday and am very very happy with it. Again FTXG, judging from users's shots, it another big step in FSX.

I did not still try out SweetFX, using Shade, but I want to give it a try, so can someone kindly gimme a useful link about how to install it in FSX?

I find this great preset that's only for ENB and want something similar for Sweetfx:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15329-24-hour-enb-download-included/

in DX10 I think ENB doesn't work, correct?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

For some reason, all the presets from other people don't seem to work for me at all!

Either way too dark or other funny stuff. I wonder if it can have these very different effects on other hardware, because it's so ugly sometimes, i can't imagine people would like those settings themselves. Does anyone else have this experience?

I might try yours later too, maybe they'll work on my pc too!

Dx9 presets don't look good on dx10. You need to change some stuff to sort of equalize the visuals of dx9.

Nice shots, hope openlc will be good...

And btw, Riga isn't in Estonia, but is in fact Latvia's Capital city :smile: 

And btw, Riga isn't in Estonia, but is in fact Latvia's Capital city :smile:

Oops, how the heck did I make that mistake!! ....... I've visited all 3 Baltic States and have been to Tallin, Riga and Vilnius so I've nowhere near why by brain pulled that trick. :lol:

Oops, how the heck did I make that mistake!! ....... I've visited all 3 Baltic States and have been to Tallin, Riga and Vilnius so I've nowhere near why by brain pulled that trick. :lol:

Haha, I've visited all as well except Vilnius. :smile: Tallinn multiple times, as all Finns travel there for booze. Some like 4 times a year to refill their alcohol reserves!  :lol:

No man, I can fly at night too in FTXG with DX10, just fine. :smile:   Just not with FTXG's lighting system.  I can choose to have default lighting though (which blends ok) or UTX lighting.   So even with FTXG Night lighting not currently working, it's still perfectly achievable to fly at night........

But of course yes, night lighting aside, there are some problems with DX10 compatibility with some sceneries (eg. FlyTampa and a few Aerosoft titles).   So I'm not suggesting it's for everyone.

It seems results differ, according to the user's hardware.  I suspect I see such a great difference because I'm on ATI, and DX9 is just so unoptimized for ATI cards.   Also vsync never worked that well, and I believe was eating many CPU cycles.   It's set up entirely differently in DX10 fot ATI (via Radeon Pro).

The bet result for me, in going from DX9 to DX10 is a FPS increase ranging from 30-100% (I get 100% better frames with DX10 in Aerosoft US Cities LA, at the downtown area, with the same settings), smoother vsync and clearer visuals.

could you detail what settings you use in radeonpro, and catalyst. Im having some issues with ctd using sweetfx and dx10, all looks good, but after a while sim completely crashes and restarts itself.

could you detail what settings you use in radeonpro, and catalyst. Im having some issues with ctd using sweetfx and dx10, all looks good, but after a while sim completely crashes and restarts itself.

Hi, Unfortunately, as nice as these shots look, I started having the same problems that you describe and abandoned DX10.

I am now using DX9 with ENB and have never been happier with FSX.

RadeonPro is a bit of a beast and not a program that I really wanted running everytime I used FSX (which it would need to be, as there is no vsync with ATI cards in DX10, unless you use the lock in Radeon Pro).

Sorry I can't help more.

Wow the pictures looks like real life!! I don't have FTX Global but the textures looks so good I might consider buy a copy. But I'm waiting for the company to release additional packages for FTX Global.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Brian Pogorek