Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Installation sequence of PMDG Boeing jets question

I am about to start making the transition from FS9 to FSX (yes, I know I am 7 years late!) and this week will be ordering a new super-rig to upgrade my virtual life.  I've been flying PMDG in FS9 for years and recall that the sequence of installation of their Boeing jets was important.  I want to ask, when I get my new rig, will I have to instal the PMDG Boeing fleet in any particular sequence?  Or can I go ahead and just buy the 747-400X first, for example, or maybe the new 777 when it is released?  Or do I need to instal the NGX as the "base" model for all subsequent PMDG Boeing jets?

I appreciate any reply with guidance, thanks.

Jonathan Sacks

The new line of products NGX, and T7 (when they release it) you can install in any sequence you like, it should be completely independent from previous addons

The only exception would be if you purchase both sets of the NGX (-600/700, and -800/900) The -800/900 is the "base" model, and you need to install that one before installing the -600/700 version (the "expansion" version).

Also you can't get the 737-600/737-700 expansion as a standalone product without the 737-800/900 base product.

That's the only one. (Though the not-yet released 777-300ER and/or 777-200ER will need the 777-200LR/F base product to work too. But since those don't exist yet....)

747, MD11, 737-800/900 and 777-200LR/F you can install in any order you want.

No problem with installing FSX products in any order aside from the obvious stuff where the base product needs to be installed before any addons to it - ie 400X first, -8 or LCF after, NGX 800/900 first, 600/700 after etc. There is no restarting or having to run FSX between installs required - you can just install everything all one right after another.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks to all for replies.  Much appreciated!

JS

ryan

as will be the case with the 772, won't the included navdata overwrite the older one in the ngx.

thus perhaps in the op's case one should install the earliest pmdg release first, then the most recent .. in your example the 747 before the 737 ??

alternatively, you can backup a more recent navdata and overwrite an older if you don't follow the above !!

of course, if you update to the most recent with navigraph, the above doesn't matter.

me, i have a highly tweaked "release" ngx navdata which i will roll over in part to the 772 ... so will use a backup !!!

for now, cheers

john martin

Also, stay away from Windows 8.  I've just downgraded back to Windows 7 after huge issues with FSX in 8.  Everything runs jst how it should under 7.  Nothing against Windows 8, I have it on my Home Theatre PC, just FSX doesn't like it.

Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

ryan

as will be the case with the 772, won't the included navdata overwrite the older one in the ngx.

thus perhaps in the op's case one should install the earliest pmdg release first, then the most recent .. in your example the 747 before the 737 ??

alternatively, you can backup a more recent navdata and overwrite an older if you don't follow the above !!

of course, if you update to the most recent with navigraph, the above doesn't matter.

me, i have a highly tweaked "release" ngx navdata which i will roll over in part to the 772 ... so will use a backup !!!

When installing any of the planes, you can select to do a custom install, and not install the nav data.

Steve Caffey

steve

thanks for the correction, you're right, i had forgotten that option. it's been a while since ..... !!!

apologies for misleading any of you guys.

for now, cheers

john martin